Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[HELP] - Unable To Install Operating System

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I own a relatively old Compaq Presario CQ60, I must have had it for at least 2 years.

Over the last 6 months I was unable to use the laptop for longer than 30 minutes without it overheating and automatically powering down. About a week ago, I realised that the fan wasn't working anymore and decided to open the laptop up. The project got a bit out of hand and I ended up completely stripping the laptop. I successfully put the laptop back together, and it ran like new.

Today I decided that I wanted to install Ubuntu on the laptop, I've done this many times in the past and have never experienced a problem, however today I have. Whenever I've installed a new OS on the laptop, I've always overwritten the existing operating system, which is exactly what I tried to do today, but as the install was almost complete I was greeted with an orange screen; the laptop did nothing for an hour.

I tried installing Ubuntu again, and every time I ran into the same problem. I thought it could have been an error with the ISO or the flash drive I was installing from, so I tried with a different flash drive and OS - I used Fedora, and had the same problem but instead of an orange screen it was grey.

I've tried to install both Ubuntu and Fedora an uncountable number of times, no matter what I do the install always fails. I'm hoping there is someone on RaGEZONE who will be able to help me out. The laptop isn't too important to me, however I like having it around.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
codeROOSTER.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
maybe you must check compatibility your CQ60 hardware with Ubuntu/Fedora. I have Acer 5770, i buy at 2007. when i install ubuntu new version in acer 5770 always have problem with the driver hardware, VGA, Lancard and Sound so my solution i install the old version first and then update the OS step by step. and its need a long time to finish the progress.

if you want to install dual OS ( win & linux ). you must install Windows 1st, after install windows you must create partition minimun 3 partition : 1st for windows data, 2nd for windows document data, 3rd for linux ( root etc ), i always install linux on linux partition never install on windows partition. and i think you know for the next step.. ^^^

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll give that a try later on, thank you.

Regards,
codeROOSTER.

Back