Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [Help] V83 SAO Boss

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I have been messing with bosses and now I am stumped. I have added Von Leon, All the Cygnus bosses, Tons of Mobs and such but I am still dcing when I hit an SAO boss.

I have the MobGage updated and and added the image to UI.
I have the Mob in the mob.wz.
The mob has a string
I even added the sound for it.
I can kill it with !killall - Dont know if that is important.

Not sure if I am missing anything. I edited the info of the mob and replaced it a few times with a few different info's from other mobs just to see if it is that. I am still drawing a blank. Help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay so I debugged two of them. Fatal Scythe and Skull Reaper work but I still can not figure out Gleam Eyes it is still a DC when I attack him.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
You would either need to tell us what you did specifically for the ones that don't work in contrast to those that do, or post your wz files for us to download and look around. (if you post them, make sure to tell us which IDs the mobs are.)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am not posting the files. I simply just want to know if I missed anything obvious. I used the same methods with the two other bosses. There is nothing that separates them beside actual images, their hp gages and string. Sorry that I can't let you look at each file. I just want to know what else would cause a DC after the mob is hit.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am not posting the files. I simply just want to know if I missed anything obvious. I used the same methods with the two other bosses. There is nothing that separates them beside actual images, their hp gages and string. Sorry that I can't let you look at each file. I just want to know what else would cause a DC after the mob is hit.

You seem like you know all the tips and tricks about mob's. Have you let the mob walk? Does its attacks work and damage you properly?

I haven't WZ Edited in years, however one thing I did back in the day to fix bosses was new Elemental statuses. You'll notice elemental statuses within the mobs' XML like P2 and H2 and etc (the level and attribute). When attacking a mob with one of these statuses, you'll crash and can't fix it because it wasn't in your client. You need to change the elemental attributes to valid v83 ones (remove new ones).

They look like this:
PHP:
<string name="elemAttr" value="P2H2F2I2"/>

Other than that though, the client only needs a Mob (with valid properties and nodes for the version), a String, its summons, its skills, a boss gauge (MobGage), and optionally the Sounds. One last thing is I thought mob attacks changed after big bang and needed to be fixed to work on pre-BB servers? Maybe I'm wrong, it's been a while ;P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah, it moves. Can't tell if it attacks because it needs to be triggered to attack, I can hit it and i will log back in and the mob gage will be up and running. I took a look for the Attributes and there was nothing in there.

The attacks did not actually change much after BB. All they really added was an attack node in the info node. And it does nothing pretty much.

Back