• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] VMWare Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm trying to set up a CentOS 6.2 and Windows 2008 guest OS's on Win7, the connection on Win7 is wireless. Basically need both guest systems to be assigned IP addresses from the router.

This is what my router is giving me,

Code:
192.168.1.147    e0:46:9a:13:45:99    on    Ethernet    dhcp
192.168.1.148 / SERVER2008    e0:46:9a:13:45:99    on    Ethernet    dhcp

147 is centos and 148 is server 2008. Both are set to bridged in vmware for the network settings and both are set to replicate physical connection state. Here is the problem,

Centos is working fine, windows 2008 is unable to connect to the internet. Identical settings, one works and one doesn't. Both are set to automatically assign IP addresses. I've also tried manual settings on the windows guest and that doesn't work either. Here are a few pics,

(the router says ethernet but they are over a wireless connection)

network config for both guests,

centos accepting connections from outside vmware,

Not sure where to go from here to fix windows. Of course windows is broken... lol

Edit-
It seems to be constantly requesting new IP addresses even though the router is assigning it an IP.

If I assign it to NAT (share host IP) I have no way of accessing services hosted on windows through linux. Ex, I can connect from the host OS to a web server on the windows guest by using 192.168.43.130 but obviously that isn't going to work on the linux guest. I need both guests to be able to talk to each other and have one able to have ports forwarded to it.

Port forwarding and everything works with Linux, the only issue is Windows not working with the exact same settings. /mindfuck

Same thing on Windows 7,

Still getting the IP address conflict error.

Edit-
Mission accomplished via vmware NAT port forwarding. This thread can be closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back