• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Mangos [HELP] World Portals

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys..

Any1 know how to create world portals for amber mangos please. Or even help me do a world teleport stone.

many thanks

Tony

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
That would be the Faction set to blocking a opposite char's faction. 474 allows (well is for wow tbc 2.1.3 - PSM DB) all char's to use and or interact with game_object, npc.

Would like to get in on that World Portal NPC also.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That would be the Faction set to blocking a opposite char's faction. 474 allows (well is for wow tbc 2.1.3 - PSM DB) all char's to use and or interact with game_object, npc.

Would like to get in on that World Portal NPC also.

If your looking for releases that have TeleGuy Blu3's compiles over at has him. I might add him to my compiles also. Not sure yet.

As for the locked, only the faction that the portal goes to will be allowed to travel in it. Such as, Horde can only go to orgrimmar, silvermoon, etc. Alliance can only go to Exodar, Stormwind, etc. You will need two portals for shattrath. One for alliance one for Horde.

You can find portal id's by typing .lookup object portal

Adding a permenant game object is done with the command .gobject add #entry

You can delete a game object by typing .gobject del #guid

You can find out the guid by standing close to it and typing .gobject target

=] Any thing else?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks for the reply guys. I am using Amber Mangos server files client v2.4.2
UDB 0.10.2 CS354 + MaNGOS 0.11.0 v6139 so how do I change the world portals for the right faction. To be honest with you Giraffesyo I am a complete beginner to all this stuff. If you could point me in the right direction I might be able to figure this annoying problem out. Giraffesyo do you know how to make world teleport stones for players to have in their bags from start. If you could help me out with that it could save me a lot of time.

Many thanks.

Tony

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you talking about hearthstones? Or a separate stone which teleports you different places that you define?

As for changing the faction of the portals. You can change the factions of game objects with this query I've made for you.

This one will make it horde:
Code:
UPDATE `gameobject_template`  SET `faction` = "2" WHERE `entry` = "put the object entry here"
This one will make it alliance:
Code:
UPDATE `gameobject_template`  SET `faction` = "1" WHERE `entry` = "put the object entry here"
This one MIGHT make it neutral, haven't tested it though...:
Code:
UPDATE `gameobject_template`  SET `faction` = "120" WHERE `entry` = "put the object entry here"

entry = ID
You can find the id by typing .lookup object in game :)

Hopefully that helped =P

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Giraffesyo

Thank you so much for helping me out here BUT being a noob at this I dont know where to put those commands. Do they go in the database or do they go into the actual game. As for the teleportstone yes a bit like the hearthstone but when you click on it you can select places like Major Cities or Instances.

Thank you....

Tony

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how to do the teleport stones, sorry on that count. I believe it is done through a custom patch to the core. Blu3 has something like this on his core releases but instead of a stone, it's a TeleGuy that teleports you to a whole bunch of different places.

Now the commands I gave you saying .lookup object were to be used inside wow on a GM account. The queries I gave you that said "Update ...etc" were to be used as a query on the database.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Are you talking about hearthstones? Or a separate stone which teleports you different places that you define?

As for changing the faction of the portals. You can change the factions of game objects with this query I've made for you.

This one will make it horde:
Code:
UPDATE `gameobject_template`  SET `faction` = "2" WHERE `entry` = "put the object entry here"
This one will make it alliance:
Code:
UPDATE `gameobject_template`  SET `faction` = "1" WHERE `entry` = "put the object entry here"
This one MIGHT make it neutral, haven't tested it though...:
Code:
UPDATE `gameobject_template`  SET `faction` = "120" WHERE `entry` = "put the object entry here"

entry = ID
You can find the id by typing .lookup object in game :)

Hopefully that helped =P

That doesn't work -
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near \'\\\"2\\\" WHERE `entry` = \\\"176497\' at line 1

I tried editing them with some tools, still haven't made through. If somebody has a fix for Amber v6766 please post it!

Back