• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

High CPU Temperature

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
TJMax in the US is a clothing store....why do you ask?

Reaction score
Looks good. Below are the idle temps on my laptop,

Operating System
Windows 8 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 42 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@59Hz)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (Lenovo) 36 °C
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (Lenovo) 30 °C
ForceWare version: 306.00
SLI Enabled
Hard Drives
14.9GB SanDisk SSD U100 16GB (SSD)
932GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA) 26 °C

Reaction score
TJMax in the US is a clothing store....why do you ask?

lol

Looks good. Below are the idle temps on my laptop,

Operating System
Windows 8 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz 42 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@59Hz)
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (Lenovo) 36 °C
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (Lenovo) 30 °C
ForceWare version: 306.00
SLI Enabled
Hard Drives
14.9GB SanDisk SSD U100 16GB (SSD)
932GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA) 26 °C

radeyo what does the TJ MAX means in realtemp? *included in my image earlier*

Reaction score
TJ Max = distance in Celsius between the current temperature and how hot you need to be in order for your CPU to throttle.

When you reach that temp, your CPU will cut back speed to help reduce temperature. You should never hit this temperature under normal conditions.

Reaction score
My pc was running for a long while 80 celsius , and it didn't damage , so you should be fine too. However as specified above , removing the fan from time to time , and clean it from dust , and clean it from older glues , than re-apply the glue is the best practice.

Trust me , I had fan tied with shoelace on my CPU and it didn't burn down.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm also getting high computer temperatures, mainly on the motherboard itself.

Here's my current temperatures, the PC has been running for an hour with three internal fans installed (excluding the CPU fan and GFX card fan)
Eureka7 - High CPU Temperature - RaGEZONE Forums

Without the fans turned on, the motherboard reaches temperatures up to 70*C, CPU up to 55-60*C and the GPU 55-60*C. I'd say there is a satisfactory amount of space inside the case for air flow, but maybe it becomes hot because of the way my fans are positioned? Or maybe I should upgrade to water-cooling?

One internal fan is on all the time as long as the PC is turned on. The two other internal fans are connected to the side panel which has a button to switch the fans on or off. With the fans off, the PC becomes hot. With the fans on, but the PC itself on idle, the temperatures are similiar to the ones in the image above. With the fans on, but whilst I'm gaming, the motherboard becomes over 60*C and the GPU becomes over 55*C.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You have no fans pointing rearwards?

Usually the default and sometimes most effective fan setup is one fan in front pulling air in....one fan in rear pushing air out...you have to make sure they are pointing the correct way or they are just fighting each other.

Any fans on the sides or rear or top should pull air out...front always pull air in.

Reaction score
I'm also getting high computer temperatures, mainly on the motherboard itself.

Here's my current temperatures, the PC has been running for an hour with three internal fans installed (excluding the CPU fan and GFX card fan)

Without the fans turned on, the motherboard reaches temperatures up to 70*C, CPU up to 55-60*C and the GPU 55-60*C. I'd say there is a satisfactory amount of space inside the case for air flow, but maybe it becomes hot because of the way my fans are positioned? Or maybe I should upgrade to water-cooling?

One internal fan is on all the time as long as the PC is turned on. The two other internal fans are connected to the side panel which has a button to switch the fans on or off. With the fans off, the PC becomes hot. With the fans on, but the PC itself on idle, the temperatures are similiar to the ones in the image above. With the fans on, but whilst I'm gaming, the motherboard becomes over 60*C and the GPU becomes over 55*C.

Did you read above? It also depends on the environment. If you live in a house with 60 degrees in it , you can have any ammount of fan , your PC will be hotter than the ones that are in a room with 20 degrees.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did you read above? It also depends on the environment. If you live in a house with 60 degrees in it , you can have any ammount of fan , your PC will be hotter than the ones that are in a room with 20 degrees.

That could explain it... during the summer, my room becomes the most hottest out of the whole house, I have a small window which doesn't really help either. But then, in the winter my room becomes the coldest in the whole house..?

Reaction score
That could explain it... during the summer, my room becomes the most hottest out of the whole house, I have a small window which doesn't really help either. But then, in the winter my room becomes the coldest in the whole house..?

Yup same with mine, i have a sun-facing window which takes up the entire wall, so it heats up in summer & saps all the heat in winter.

The World Is Yours
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well now that the hot summer temperatures are decreasing, my rooms been getting a lot colder. Left my PC on idle for about 30 minutes and the temperatures dropped:

But as always, GPU and Motherboard temperatures get up to 60*C whilst gaming. The CPU hasn't gone over 40*C though

I've also rearranged the position of two fans inside the system and tested it with the PC on. Airflow seems a lot better

Back