• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How do I add new items??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okey, First you must have tantraparam, clientRS, list of items effects.

your tantraparam and clientrs must be compatible each other, either you must edit or create, in editing items is so simple.

Anyway your topic is about creating.

-Convert the tantraparam into .tpa, client and server side.
-basic knowledge of how to use the .tpa,
-open your dbsrv and gmtool only,
-in your gmtool find the reserved slot.
-if you find the reserved slot,
-open your clientrs and tantraparam.
-find the reserved slot ID number in the clientrs and tantraparam, sample ID number 6290
-if you want sword find some existing sword in the clientrs and tantraparam copy their entire row.
-edit the new copy sword ID number into 6290,

that's all, if you want some items effects its under tantraparam, but first you must have the items effects list.

i hope its help you. maybe you can help me to click some reputaion. :blush:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have edited some in clientres.

1. In your tantraparam.xml, you can find item ID that are not in use. So start from there.
2. Confirm those item ID from GMTool. better you will not see any icon from the game client.
3. copy from clientres and rename the itemID to your target item ID in the tantraparam.xml
4. edit in any dds editor and design your own.
5. add effects in taraparam.xml
6. recompile clientres file and tantrapram.tpa
7. confirm again in GMtool and in your client if the icon appears. if it didn't you missed a file to edit ^_^
Hope it helps... sorry i find it hard to reply because my cell signal is low.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you know my problem kylemarvin is that all the items in my param have names and i wanted to add more items on top of it.

it will cause you "out of memory" when you compile it because you will be changing the byte range.

Reaction score
if you want to hex your htlauncher, you also need to hex your zone.exe, even you changed the offset in your htlauncher., still it wont appear ingame. Just for example, you increased your offset for your new items , and then try to use command DropItm it wont appear.
Try asking heterojeneo

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
HTLauncher is not a problem also the zone.

What we mean by editing is adding item ID to Tantraparam.xml and recompiling it without encountering a memory error.
because if you add item ID that means another row, the byte increases and it will not be compiled by xml2hpk compiler because its not the same byte.

Sorry for my english.

if you want to hex your htlauncher, you also need to hex your zone.exe, even you changed the offset in your htlauncher., still it wont appear ingame. Just for example, you increased your offset for your new items , and then try to use command DropItm it wont appear.
Try asking heterojeneo

Reaction score
HTLauncher is not a problem also the zone.

What we mean by editing is adding item ID to Tantraparam.xml and recompiling it without encountering a memory error.
because if you add item ID that means another row, the byte increases and it will not be compiled by xml2hpk compiler because its not the same byte.

Sorry for my english.

sorry to tell you, but you're wrong. Items ID have limits. Try to increase the number of your sets and lets if you are able to make it work. Just like icons ingame, Some developers just replace the old ones. If you know how to hex your htlauncher, then you would come up with new icons without replacing the old ones just like i did. So that the old items would not be tampered with the new ones if you just replace them. Just like monster tab in your param, you can only use 2001-2999. try to use increase it to 3001 and so on, you cant add new just by adding it in a row in your param, you also need to check your offsets if your zone,htlauncher and param matched with each other.Its just the same with the sets. If you read heterojeneo's post then you will understand what im saying

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i have to know how do i find the hex code to add more items? for that matter how do i locate the hex for pustika? and how do i increase the summoning abilities in the zone.exe file for k5? if you have any idea please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back