Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[How to] fix old version of client

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Read to step #1, stopped reading after phrase "resource hacker". Dude if someone has source he should reshack every time he builds witch pls.

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Maybe you should mention that also? Or 1 method for Resource only users and another method for Source users?
I'd make 2 spoilers: 1st for those who have source 2nd for those who have only ready files. But I didn't decide to make guide so.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Editing .rc file in visual studio might cause errors.
At least I'm having problems with that. Resource hacker is an alliterative. I myself find it easier to use resource hacker for the build that is going to the players. I mean why should I change my configs in my development area every time. (I do hope you all are using the client version thing what it is ment for ).

The one whining about use source! Are wasting more time editing it in the .rc file :p And rebuild and change ini files in your development area. Or they don't even use the msg_version thingy. which makes players able to use a old neuz :p

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
Editing .rc file in visual studio might cause errors.
At least I'm having problems with that. Resource hacker is an alliterative. I myself find it easier to use resource hacker for the build that is going to the players. I mean why should I change my configs in my development area every time. (I do hope you all are using the client version thing what it is ment for ).

The one whining about use source! Are wasting more time editing it in the .rc file :p And rebuild and change ini files in your development area. Or they don't even use the msg_version thingy. which makes players able to use a old neuz :p

LAWL notepad/notepad++ ftw.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seriously.. open the .rc file in a text editor and change it there.

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You both didn't read all of it :p.
if you edit the .rc file you have to compile again and then change your ini's on your development server.
I don't want to waste time doing that. So resource hacker is a quick and easy way for people who use it and do test their poop. If it is all good I can change the version with resource hacker then pack the neuz and edit live server versions. while the version on the dev server stay's the same

~FlyFF DeV~
Reaction score
You both didn't read all of it :p.
if you edit the .rc file you have to compile again and then change your ini's on your development server.
I don't want to waste time doing that. So resource hacker is a quick and easy way for people who use it and do test their poop. If it is all good I can change the version with resource hacker then pack the neuz and edit live server versions. while the version on the dev server stay's the same

Hahahah If I build like 30 times in X time (24h max) I will reshack it everytime k. First time I was changing it it took me 10 min to setup .rc and ini files to make it work so don't tell me it takes soooooo long u lazybone.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Jomex - You seems professional. Can you make the perfect guide, of the source and this for the section?

Game Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm lazy :p I only use resource hack when the neuz gets a update on a live server.
But it seems you don't like saving time like other people do.

So don't put stupid comments on things that are quite handy and time saving.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
When i'm reading the comments I see a big discussion. I'm just trying to help the flyff community and help the newbies when they getting the "older verison of client error". And a like or rep or even the word "thanks" would make my happy :mellow:!
Anyways a thumbs up for MisterKid for giving me a like for my guide :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back