• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

How to make a NPC. (Tutorial)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I doubt that would help. There are many NPC managers available now, and the one this tutorial refers to is largely not graphical, and largely idiot proof.

The only part that takes a little visual queuing is finding the X, Y and Z co-ordinates in game with a GM client.

I posted a screenie of this not so long ago (a month or two) someone could trawl through my posts to find it... I CBA TBH.

The original post did not have screen shots, and was easy enough to follow IMHO.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I will do that. I followed this thread from the begining and I saw what looked like screenshots not available anymore.

here is what is in the editor
Crystal Store
GameServer\npc\yura-store.npc
char\npc\TN-007\TN-007.INI
x 473 y 205 z -18504 angle 0
Enabled checked

I must have tried to add the napc a dozen times follwing this Tut.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have used every editor thats available and the same results no npc at the speified location. What I did notice when using the editors most of them unchecked the enable box and the file save works very wierd. If saving from within the editor it gives a msg of OK...however when you exit the editor it complains that the file has not been saved. I know that npc editing does work cause I see the results of it ingame. Ill continue fighting my way thru this, at some point I may get results. lots of trial and error.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The NPC editor I last released has a documented feature that it doesn't remember what that you have saved the file.

I have since fixed that, but had already developed past that point, changing the entire internal (in-memory) structure of the NPC table, and have not yet re-implemented the saving of the table... so despite that "unusual behaviour" that older version is still the better one to use.

The one made and released by Sandurr is more competent (I think) and his source code is now shared, so I may be adding new features to the one I'm working on based on what I learn from dissecting that.

Sumomos PriTaTor is very very good... But yea, I sometimes get confused as to whether I am saving the changes to an NPC (record) or to a field(file). And changing the file associated with an NPC either server side or client side can be a pig to get it to store.

If the NPC is not "enabled" they will not show up on the map. This is used for things like Event Girl and Xmas Guy. That way you don't have to delete and reinstall the NPC between events, you only need to enable and disable them.

Back