Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I guess theres a new Kore huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Is it? cuz my gunz is down, Darkgunz is down, o_O??

Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
But stefan you can't fix it either?

Never said I could but it gives me a reason to learn so I can fix it myself.
That is what I call development.
Just because I can't patch it at this moment doesn't mean it has to be removed.

The source code released has nothing to do with development, and has a lot to do with hacking. It's not about fixing it, I'm pretty sure some kid will come up with a packet blacklist in a couple of days. Too bad, there are more packets than listed.

You don't need the source to patch, you might rather log in and outgoing packets on your server. Now, if you can't make a plugin to do that, then you're not a developer and shouldn't be around claiming you are.

:thumbup:

It's indeed development, gives people a reason to learn something that might be helpful in the future as well.
The new Kore was already avaiable in private so what's the problem with him giving the source here.
Now we can do something against it.
At the moment I can't because I lack the skills but I leave it here so we can learn from it and gain more knowledge.
Removing this doesn't help any of us.

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
New kore by steven's.

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

and kyuma he can make hack?? ROFL

and touchwise some random stole runnable with anticheat and he think he g0d 0f devel0ping l0000000000000l so funny team.

Ssssh you.

It's indeed development, gives people a reason to learn something that might be helpful in the future as well.
The new Kore was already avaiable in private so what's the problem with him giving the source here.
Now we can do something against it.
At the moment I can't because I lack the skills but I leave it here so we can learn from it and gain more knowledge.
Removing this doesn't help any of us.

In theory, you are correct. In the GunZ "world", people come to RageZONE (that's good for the statistics) to copy the source of Jacob, then paste it into a C++ compiler, put some copyright on it of their own and go attack other private servers, claiming they made it all on their own.

Upvote 0
Sharing is caring
Developer
Reaction score
In theory, you are correct. In the GunZ "world", people come to RageZONE (that's good for the statistics) to copy the source of Jacob, then paste it into a C++ compiler, put some copyright on it of their own and go attack other private servers, claiming they made it all on their own.

Yeah, that's correct but if he only gave out a compiled version people would hex edit it to look cool.
Those things will never change but you have to look trough that.
I just ignore those people and talk to the people who actually did stuff their selfs.

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's correct but if he only gave out a compiled version people would hex edit it to look cool.
Those things will never change but you have to look trough that.
I just ignore those people and talk to the people who actually did stuff their selfs.

As there is no copyright on the original one, it's impossible to hex edit it. And I don't see a leecher doing a jump to the codecave and then call printf in ASM.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I believe hacking is part of development because, hacking is just another name for the developing of an application that somehow changes or alters the game play to exacerbate other players or show off.

Someone needs to release a "good" anti-hack system and release it under GNU public use license but without the source so people that cannot either pay someone to make them one or make one themselves have something they can use that blocks all known hacks and then there would be much less hackers.

Personally, I think hacking is a form of learning and developing...
People just need to not be asses about it all the time. LOL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back