• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

I need to find a matching..

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im buying:

and

and i need a gfx card that can handle WoW on decent graphic's, a PSU and a case.

not sure which ones though....

im buying from

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you are choosing to go with that motherboard/cpu type.. if you are wanting really low price, you can pick up a socket AM2+ and a dual core phenom for the same price, but will be much higher on the performance scale.

As far as a graphics card, the first thing we all need to know is your price range. That is our key point in getting you the information you are looking for. :)

And, just for the information: God, do I -hate- Tigerdirect's website.

Last edited:
Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yes i am in australia rish... don't tell me they don't ship here aswell ._<

My budget all up is around 500$.

link to me recommended parts, including case O:

im open for most suggestions,

i just want to be able to Play WoW and SCII on a decent GFX level smoothly.

i know how to build a c omputer, so assembling isn't required by the dealer ( if that helps)

please and thank you :)

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What parts can you re-use? Do you have a monitor/keyboard/mouse/psu/harddrive and such you can carry over? Are we -just- putting together a base desktop system? Give us all the details - its tough to work on something if we dont have exactly what we need to work with. There are -plenty- of $500 builds around here.. just need to make sure you can obtain all of it in australia without it costing you an arm and a leg!

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have a monitor (4 of them) 3 keyboards 5 mouses... a few hardrives here and there...

and your so kind, i shall have to reward you in someway :)

Reaction score
Mate if you're in Australia, you buy from at times they have prices even cheaper than NewEgg. PCCG is our premiere online retailer.

And if you're in Melbourne, you can go pick it up from them to save shipping cos they have a storefront now.

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hm... i could see when mum is going down to melbourne next for work.... that would help... or mayb dad... hm..

and cheer rish, mum lets me play games on her laptop again :)

Can either one of you link me a nice $500 build then? because i will start buying ASAP

Last edited:
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Specs:
3.2GHz Phenom Quad Core
4 Gigs DDR3 1600MHz Memory
Radeon HD6770 - plenty enough for your gaming needs
500w Power Supply
And.. a decent looking case!

Best part about it - you've got stuff even I cant have on the motherboard. USB 3.0 and Sata 6GBps. Provided you ever get any USB 3.0 articles, you will greatly appreciate the bump in speed from usb 2.0 ;)

Down the line it can be upgraded to 8 gigs of memory (If you feel the need for it) for an extra $39.

$105

$39 (Optional to buy 2 packs, for 8 gigs memory)

$57

$119

$125

$54

Sub-Total: $499.00

The price really couldn't have been cut any further - I personally feel like I am skimping on the PSU, but due to limited inventory - I feel you don't have much of a choice! 500 watts is plenty for you, though!

Last edited:
Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You are amazing O:

YES! this will do nicely! each part under 130$ means i can get this easy over christmas WOO!!! :D

Loyal Member
Reaction score
This build is hoping you have your own hard drive - as currently, standard spin up hard drives are not attainable by any normal means! (Taiwan flooding)

As well as your own monitor, and keyboard/mouse.

Other then that, its a great system!

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yeah i have 4 HDD's and an external drive as well, for that extra bit of space. ;)

Can't kilean the zilean
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks lads, mum's got it on her desktop now :)

Back