Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I want to play old DayZ!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey there everyone. I've been lurking this forum for a few years now, and today I've decided to make an account. :dancemental:

TL;DR at the bottom.

Let me begin with this: I love old DayZ! I miss the absolutely garbage melee mechanics, the horrible aiming system that made all firefights on equal ground at best, and the luck of RNG at worst. I miss the old ambience that the game had. No other game had an atmosphere like DayZ! I miss the infinite stamina, I miss the old loot economy! The thing I miss the most, however, is the graphics! Sure, after 0.60 they put the game on Enfusion which made the game perform much smoother, but I hate the graphics! Everything is too smooth, the clouds look like Minecraft, and the godrays are gone.

I know you guys have been around the block, odds are whoever is reading this right now has been playing the game for over 5 years and may or may not have an older version of the game client that they could upload + some server files. I'm NOT here to pirate the game, if I wanted to do that, believe me I could have just gone to the Releases section and got the latest version of the game instead. I just want to play the older version, which I happen to find superior to the latest, and since BI isn't offering me to download older versions of their game, I have to turn to you guys.

I've searched nearly every thread I could find in Releases, looking for older Client and Server files and instructions on setting them up. I'm not a super advanced user on here, mind you! Here's what I know: When the game released, the version 0.28 executable unintentionally allowed you to create a server and run it locally on your computer. I've done this before, but I lost the 0.28 game files, and on top of that, it didn't allow you to save your progress once you left the server (the server had no persistence). After this little debacle, BI patched the next game executable to NOT allow you to make your own local server, but the damage was still done and users were able to reverse engineer the later versions of the game, and make their own local servers which were able to run unofficial mods. The very beginning of DayZ modding!

So here is what I'm lookin' for:
Old version of DayZ (version 0.28 - 0.59) that has persistence- meaning I can log out and come back and all of my stuff will be there. I need some server files too, and some detailed instructions on how to set it all up and play.
Also, if it isn't asking too much, I'd love to know about some mods! More weapons, usable vehicles like helicopters and boats! I'd love to know how to put these in the game, or even better, if they just came along with the client and server files.

Thanks to whoever is reading this! Let me know if you have anything! :eek:tt:

TL;DR: Looking for old version of the game with server files that I can play!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have portable 0.28. Client-server-database. Nothing needs to be installed. I can share if it's still relevant.
menace - I want to play old DayZ! - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any reason why this is crashing when going close to some objects. North west airfeild tents are doing it

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes it can i have it running on another pc and i play from my gaming pc aslong as you open the correct ports on the pc and router and then set the correct ports on the game file it will work

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have portable 0.28. Client-server-database. Nothing needs to be installed. I can share if it's still relevant.
Hey, I have a question. Do you have client+server files for ver 0.4X by any chance?

Hey, I have a question. Do you, by any chance, have client+server files for ver 0.4X?
I want to play old DayZ, but the newest version with Balota tents possible. So version lower than .49 and higher than .40

Last edited:
Back