• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

iCloud activation lock for iPhone

Reaction score
I appologize if this is completely off-topic or in any way the wrong section but I figured I'd ask you guys.

Two questions:

1. Once an iPhone is iCloud activation locked - required email/password of original owner - is it completely locked?

2. In the event a jailbreak is released for the latest iOS - would this bypass the activation lock?

I bought an iPhone 3-4 months ago - it got blacklisted right after I bought it - got it off the blacklist and now it's activation locked.

Thanks in advance for any information!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Coppapaste:

Apple Support Forums said:
If you want to give away or sell your device, be sure to erase your content and settings (in Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings). When you erase your content, Find My iPhone and Activation Lock are also turned off.

Back