• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

If I learn assembler...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi. If I learn assembler language, I could edit and make my customs to .exe compiled files? For exapmle like server files or something?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Check out.
A while ago when I was interested in RE someone suggested I learn C and x86 ASM first.
I managed to go through one C book before I realized it wasn't my thing.

As far as I see it, ASM/RE aren't difficult. Just plain boring and tedious.
You need a special mindset to become any good so to "edit and make my customs to .exe compiled files" you will need to spend several years studying the boring stuff first...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
A good book in ASM is Art of Assembly(this book has it all from machine organization to advance assembly programming):

Read About DOS 16 Bit Edition(the 32 bit edition speaks of HLA), but to start learning assembly you must have basic understanding of one of the high level programming languages, and always read about C and windows API(or C API's).

To find documentation about a function API , MSDN has a huge library about it.

You could try to read about AT&T Syntax too, with the Unix Sys Calls, and about GDB debugger.

Last edited:
Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
You can drive fast as soon as you can drive and may stay on the road if you're really lucky, but probably will blow the car and yourself up. Nice one.

Back