Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Official If v62/v83 is the pinnacle of classic MapleStory, what would that be for Modern?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've read the recent news on the official game recently losing Singapore and that's just awful and sad to hear such an iconic area just being thrown out for seemingly no reason whatsoever. This isnt the first time either that the game has lost areas and other data either. I've also read that places like Korean Folk Town, Omega Sector, and Florina Beach are scraped as well. I have no idea why they would do this and its such a disappointment that so little care goes into tossing them away.

With that said what modern version of MapleStory exist, private server or otherwise that contains as much classes and areas as possible before things started taking a turn for the worse. I'm not too experienced with the Modern era since I quit pretty early on but I like to hear what others have to say on whats the defining point in Modern MS history.

P.S. Even if content is removed, could private server devs just add it back in to later patch versions or is it not that simple?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
for post-big bang maplestory, the following are the major patches:
v95 - 2 patches after big bang, debugging symbols were leaked so this version is pretty common as you partially have the game's source code; allowing development to be much easier by making reverse engineering less tedious
v105 - last part of legends update, has cannoneer, demon slayer, mercedes
v121 - rise against update, resistance revamp
v127 - last part of tempest update, job advancements are 10/30/60/100 rather than 10/30/70/120. root abyss and hyper skills were added, luminous/kaiser/angelic buster
v136ish - unleashed upate, damage cap increased to 50m, demon avenger/xenon were added, rebirth flames were introduced
v141 - cygnus awakening update
v142 - gollux
v144 - RED (complete explorer revamp and zero/beast tamer)
v149 - shade/eunwol
v150 - runes/elite mobs/elite bosses
v155ish - starforce/star planet
v161 - black heaven: final chapter, lotus was added
v168 - reboot world, kinesis job, korean folk town revamp, skill rebalancing
v175 - heroes of maple (damien), blaster was added
v178 - UI revamp and 5th job was partially added
v179 - 5th job and arcane river
v183 - kerning tower
v186ish - arcana
v190/v191 - illium/cadena
v192ish - morass
v196 - esfera (and ark)
v202 - black mage

if you ask me; my favorites are:
v161, this update has a brand new endgame boss/gear and this is before the game became too daily oriented
v168, reboot is good
that's it

and for your question. singapore wasn't removed, it's just inaccessible and there's no world map. you can warp there just fine in a private server although a few quests are missing.

Thank you for listing each version in such great detail. Based on the information given I would also have to agree with you that along the lv160 versions is the high point of the modern era. Its missing some of the newer classes and features but for what it is it is definitely enough without having too much clutter that present day Nexon has brought about.

Back