Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is this is a decent price for a laptop?

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Specs:
Intel core-i7 2630QM processor
4GB RAM
500GB harddrive
Nvidia Quadro 1000M graphics card

Price: 963 euro

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Nope, horrible.

For that price you should be looking at a factory refurbished ASUS G73 series gaming laptop. Check out the CPUZ banner in my signature, those are the rough specs.

You're pretty much looking at a 2Ghz i7 with 8 threads and 6-8GB of RAM and a 5870 / GTX460 on a 17.3" 1080p monitor. Anything less for that price and it really wouldn't be worth it.

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nope, horrible.

For that price you should be looking at a factory refurbished ASUS G73 series gaming laptop. Check out the CPUZ banner in my signature, those are the rough specs.

You're pretty much looking at a 2Ghz i7 with 8 threads and 6-8GB of RAM and a 5870 / GTX460 on a 17.3" 1080p monitor. Anything less for that price and it really wouldn't be worth it.

Thought so. The uni I go to makes a deal with HP every year to let them sell laptops to students at a reduced price. More often then not the laptops are horrible and the discount is laughable.

And frankly, I hate HP.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if you're talking about the HP Elite in your first post, then that changes some things, HP Elite has 2 Battery slots and their battery has more ampere than the average battery, making it more expensive but also more valuable, because a HP Elite with 2 big batteries can stay switched ON without being plugged in for up to 24 hours when idling and 4-5 hours of gaming, with a laptop that rish said, you can game for 50 minutes.

But if it's worth it, depends on your needs

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've seen better laptops for lower price.

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Besides, that QUadro isnt a gaming graphics - thats a workstation laptop.. designed for running CAD and design programs. It woudl run a cut-rate frame rate on any actualy games.

Much better laptops out there.. I absolutely love my Asus Aspire 8735G, picked it up for ~$800 or so about 2 years ago

Back