• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Javascript/php]? How Would I Set Up A Function To Launch A File Using The Registry

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would like to know how i would setup a function to launch an app in my registry on my website, similar to how xfire would launch games?

Here is a modded game from xfire to launch mine:
Code:
LongName=Old School GunZ: The Duel
ShortName=Old School Gunz
LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Old School GunZ\DestDir
LauncherExe=GunzLauncher.exe
DetectExe=Gunz.exe
Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% %UA_LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
InGameRenderer=D3D9
InGameFlags=USE_PRESENT|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE|DISABLE_RELEASE
ChangeTolerance=6

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I think its impossible to have jscript or php for that sake to run a program. But I have an idea.
Make a small application, be sure to have a database there, cause you would make the application check if a value inside the database (you should make a table for it), so when, on the website, something is triggered, it would change the value of a row in the database, and the application, which is looping (maybe an infinite loop?) to check if the value is this or that. If the value is that, it does whatever you want, else it keeps checking.
Just a thought. ^^

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You would need ot use javascript and a browser plugin if im not wrong.
other option is
PHP:
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">  
MyObject = new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" )  
function RunNotePad()   
{  
MyObject.Run("notepad.exe") ;  
}    
</script> 
<button onclick="RunNotePad()">Start Notepad</button>

You might try a aspx script, im ot very familiar with it but it uses the common coding languages C#, VB

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
On IE.. use activeX... on Firefox use a plugin.

there is no such thing crossbrowser solution. that's why i dont touch this things with a 10 foot pole

Back