• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

JS/JQ Shopping Cart

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would help you, but since it's homework, I'd rather you do it on your own.. lol ur much older then me, so you should be able to get it if i can.
Also, if you ever need help in the future for non-school related stuff, lemme know :)

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
I would help you, but since it's homework, I'd rather you do it on your own.. lol ur much older then me, so you should be able to get it if i can.
Also, if you ever need help in the future for non-school related stuff, lemme know :)

It's not really homework. It's something I'm building into my site which is not compulsory. I want to do it as it's a nice feature to have. It does not state inside of the Unit Specification that I have to do this. Thanks for the nice gesture though!

Reaction score
Please elaborate how his way is far better than the way I set mine out. We all have different ways of doing things but all output the same thing. Just because he uses the industry standard way of coding doesn't mean that it's going to be any better or worse than mine.
The code I write I can understand later in the future, and so can other developers who looks at it. There is a reason smart people get together and set industry standards. How are you ever going to tell what is crap and what is good code if you don't know the right way to do things? You must properly indent, separate control-code (javascript) from template code (html/css). You even want to separate HTML from CSS. No inline styling, and especially no inline control-code. It becomes an unmanageable mess. Why do you think I couldn't give you a simple 2 sentence answer? I can't be bothered to look through javascript when it's mixed in with all the template code.. I mean, it's just a huge headache. That's why "my" way (not even my way- it's someone else's way that I adopted for sanity reasons) is better than any thoughtless or unmanageable way. I'm not saying any other way is bad- it has to be manageable.

For example: I don't want to duck around with onReadyStateChange or onLoad with all the different browsers whom do not agree on many essential features on the web. By putting all of my JavaScript code at the bottom of the <body> tag, I completely avoid that ugly boilerplate. Of/c, jQuery has a $.ready() function which works in every browser, but still..

Helping people with homework is a bad thing? Nobody said you had to do it for him.

Google my name...
Reaction score
It's not really homework. It's something I'm building into my site which is not compulsory. I want to do it as it's a nice feature to have. It does not state inside of the Unit Specification that I have to do this. Thanks for the nice gesture though!

If you really want help with this, send me a private message with your Skype/MSN details and I shall go through it with you when we are both online. Make sure you have the files to hand to send me and TeamViewer installed.

I feel we have reached a stage in this thread where no one wants to help you and it's just becoming spam on the Coders Paradise section, for that reason I shall help you.

But be ready to conform your code to the proper way or I shall discontinue my help.

All the best,
Richard Komakech.

Back