• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez [FullFight & Discussion]

duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here is the video to the fight! The video was recorded off a TV But still decent quality. Enjoy & talk about the fight​

Personally I thought it was gonna be a nice little long fight. I didn't expect it to go into that fast of a knockout but can't really predict what can happen. I was rooting for Santos & glad he wooped him. It's sad goin out with your first lost in like a minute & a half of a fight, but it happens.

Your thoughts on the fight?

:8:

I don't get why they used the football song thing. :p

duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's why I posted the video to it? ////

Reaction score
A huge monumental occasion for the MMA community. I've been following the sport now for 6/7 years religiously. I've spent countless hours reading, browsing , interacting and i'm glad UFC is getting the recognition it deserves.

As to the fight , both men suffered injuries. JDS was on crutches 11 days prior and doing back flips 3 days before and Cain had to have a cortisone shot just before walking out. My overall impression was that a rematch is more than likely required with a healthy Valasquez although JDS is such a nice guy he deserves it. I See Overeem beating Brock thus the showdown between Dos Santos and Uberreem and that will be a close fight. Technical wise Overeem has the better tools and arsenal but he has been KO'd several times (at 205 though).

Should be interesting.

duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I See Overeem beating Brock thus the showdown between Dos Santos and Uberreem and that will be a close fight. Technical wise Overeem has the better tools and arsenal but he has been KO'd several times (at 205 though).

Should be interesting.

I don't know, I'm looking forward to Brock beating Overeem, but it will be a good match and I'm looking forward to seeing that. Glad to just see him finally returning but I'd have to go for Brock.

Reaction score
A huge monumental occasion for the MMA community. I've been following the sport now for 6/7 years religiously. I've spent countless hours reading, browsing , interacting and i'm glad UFC is getting the recognition it deserves.
Pretty much the same as me except I've only been following since liddell/couture 3, I saw some UFC events prior but never really followed, it was mostly going to my cousins place like every 3 months or so and watching the odd fight like 2 months after the actually event lol.

As to the fight , both men suffered injuries. JDS was on crutches 11 days prior and doing back flips 3 days before and Cain had to have a cortisone shot just before walking out. My overall impression was that a rematch is more than likely required with a healthy Valasquez although JDS is such a nice guy he deserves it.
I don't know, I like Cain more then JDS but I knew JDS was going to win - hence why I put $150 on him at fairly short odds (2.10) :D

That's the bad thing about MMA, I hate when fighters go hurt into a fight, with team sports you can substitute players for others and the game can go on fairly easy but with MMA it's much harder. It's annoying because no we'll always have doubt of who the truly fighter is, like we've got a good guess is but we don't know for certain. The good thing we can out of that fight is both guys are fairly young in terms of MMA careers, from what I've read peak age for MMA fighters is around the 32-36 mark, obviously there's exceptions like say for example Wand I personally don't think he'll have another decent run (eg. 3 fight win streak) before his career ends, his been in many of wars in Pride which have obviously taken a toll on his body.

I couldn't believe Dana after the fight, I normally don't mind Dana but he came across a huge faggot after the fight.

I See Overeem beating Brock thus the showdown between Dos Santos and Uberreem and that will be a close fight. Technical wise Overeem has the better tools and arsenal but he has been KO'd several times (at 205 though).
Brock > Reem for me. I think Brock will GnP him. I think Reem is over rated imo.

Should be interesting.
No doubt. Can only see good things in the future for MMA - fighters are getting so much better imo.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll comment on the fight even though its been a while. I was honestly disappointed in this fight but i knew this was going to happen. If you watched the Kongo fight with Cain he was rocked 3 times, once in each round with only 1 punch. I honestly don't see Cain standing up much anymore. He'll probably be the next GSP and go gunshy and just try and wrestle with everyone now.

With Overeem and Lesnar, I'm a huge fan of both. I do see Lesnar just out wrestling Overeem. They talk about how he's such a great striker but if you actually watch the k-1 GP, you would see the opponents he faced. Tyrone Sprong was way smaller than him, and it seemed like his punched couldn't get through to Overeem. Then it was Saki and Aerts, which by the time they both faced Overeem, they would badly hurt. Saki and Aerts both had wars before they faced Overeem. I believe if Saki was Overeem's size, he would have no problem taking Overeem out. Plus I believe JDS has better striking, much faster and crisper IMO.

Also I was disappointed in the Werdum fight. Overeem didn't do anything and he seemed to gas. I think Werdum did decent in the striking department too. Well we'll see in about 1 week. Can't wait for the fight.

Back