• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Just a little Tip] PT Server on Vista {Any Versions}

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Yo ppls. One week ago me and some friends to put my "Test Server" (as I call it) in Stand-by mode, while my friends were on and playing.
Guess what.. The server were still running 2hours later when I got back from the gym my friends were still on the server, thats awesome!!.. The server were also really stable!
~ Without hamachi ofc.

~ 4GB of ram and with a good internet conn! (I know 4gb in ram dun works on vista but it says Ram: 4GB) hehe.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Read about it here:
Find out yourself where to read about it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
4gbs does work on Vista. It just has to be 64bit.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Correctly said, and 64 bit vista is buggy

Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition with 4gbs runs flawlessly, especially after the service pack. Not sure what you're doing, but that may be a personal problem with your computer.

Still, with that said, I wouldn't really run a server on Vista at the moment myself, 64-bit or not.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Look at the pic bellow..IIm using 32-bit and got 4GB in ram, because my motherboard's max capacity are 8GB. Then it works fine to have 4GB on 32-bits :)
Then could I also have 8GB in ram but still using windows vista premium 32-bits ;p

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
With OS's like XP 32-bit, 4gb's doesn't register correctly. If you put more than 4gbs in your Vista, it shouldn't show. 4gb is the cap on 32-bit XP and Vista. Here's a chart--

I think I misunderstood your other post and thought you said you were trying to go passed 4 gbs.

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Nah, 10min ago I were calling the support on microsoft. They said:
If your motherboard got cap 8GB does also the operative system have cap 8GB, It have nothing about if you're using Windows vista, or XP home/pro etc..
I also got suprised, cause I thought it were as you said..

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well this was b4 the sp, so thats probably why. My main computer can handle it, but my servers suck, so they wont.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nah, 10min ago I were calling the support on microsoft. They said:
If your motherboard got cap 8GB does also the operative system have cap 8GB, It have nothing about if you're using Windows vista, or XP home/pro etc..
I also got suprised, cause I thought it were as you said..

I'm not reading anything new here, of course you can't have more than 8GB if your motherboard doesn't support it.

If you have 4GB on a 32-bit OS it will show as 2,75GB (XP) or 3GB (Vista before SP1) or 4GB (Vista after SP1, it will show correctly, but will only utilize 3GB of it).

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
uhh.... g0tanks, win xp depending on the architecture of your cpu, will show up to 3.5

which i get.

Back