• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Kobold] LAN and Internet Setting Quesetion

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Can anyone of gurus here explain clearly how to set up Kobold server for LAN and Internet servering please? M runing the server on my computer and it only works with the wow client on the same machine.THe other mechines in the same LAN can only connected but it says the server is offline every time.

These are the settings of my configur file.

DatabaseName = wow_server // LS,RS,WS all the same
DatabaseHost = 127.0.0.1
(in sql connection config)

LoginServerListenIp = 127.0.0.1 // LS,RS,WS all the same
LoginServerPort = 3724
(in server connectiong config)

set 127.0.0.1
(realm list file in the wow client folder)

My LAN address of this server is 10.1.1.3 but when I change all settings like following, it sill not works well.

DatabaseName = wow_server // LS,RS,WS all the same
DatabaseHost = 127.0.0.1
(in sql connection config)

LoginServerListenIp = 10.1.1.3 // LS,RS,WS all the same
LoginServerPort = 3724
(in server connectiong config)

set 10.1.1.3
(realm list file in the wow client folder)

Thanks very much!!!

Still no replys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
um if you want to play using lan, u have to set all the config files in ws, rs and ls to ur internal ip. You have to set your realmlist (in your database) to internal and your world server to internal. Also your wow root realmlist to internal. To find your internal just go into start -> run type cmd then type ipconfig. Oh, and you must open ports 3725, 3724 and 4200. hope this helps :D

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
um if you want to play using lan, u have to set all the config files in ws, rs and ls to ur internal ip. You have to set your realmlist (in your database) to internal and your world server to internal. Also your wow root realmlist to internal. To find your internal just go into start -> run type cmd then type ipconfig. Oh, and you must open ports 3725, 3724 and 4200. hope this helps :D

But if you set it up this way users from outside your lan would not be able to connect?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Open 4200 ?? Why? So people can access and crash WS server more easy?

Just opening 3724/3725 is enough
Code:
LS-conf:
use realms dns (or leave commented if not used)
use your internalIP#(f.e. 192.168.0.10)
use port 3724

RS-conf
use internalIP#(f.e. 192.168.0.10)
use port 3725

WS-conf:
use 127.0.0.1
use port 4200

in SQLtable, check that realm_list contains:
1   myserver    internalIP#(f.e. 192.168.0.10)   3725

and worldserver_list (also in SQL):
1  127.0.0.1 4200

In router, forward ports 3724/3725 (NOT 4200) to internalIP# (f.e. 192.168.0.10)

Use your realIP# to connect from outside and
use your InternalIP# to connect from LAN (f.e. 192.168.0.x)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmm I tried that sadly.. it Doesnt work, I set all the Sql.conf to the internal address ( cause the server has all the files on it ) and all the Listening Ip's world server ip's and login server ip's to my ip given at wich is 218.101.21.110 , and that didnt work, saying the server couldnt find anything on those Ip's so i set the Rs and Ws ips back to internal.. (thinking only the listening server needs the wan ip ) but still sadly it didnt work.. ( i even changed the Db ips )

Back