Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Launcher] Easy to use / edit v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

even though I'm not a professional C# Coder, i did give it a shot to create an Aion launcher that's easy to use for server owners/players.

I have included the *.bat file it executes to launch AION.

--------------------About The Launcher------------------
Let your players extract the zip-file into their AION folder (after you have edited the config.xml to your needs ofcourse!)

What does the launcher do exactly?

When starting up the launcher it downloads the config.xml you created from the website you specified in the config.xml your players received.
Why does it download the config.xml every time? This is where you can edit the news and events that show up in the launcher.

When started up you will notice a small image saying "Check Server Status" at the bottom. When you click it it will say wether your server is Online or Offline.

----------------------About the config.xml------------------

Ok, time for the part for the server owners.
First thing you MUST setup correctly is the web_path.
This tells the launcher where the config.xml is located that it has to download.

Inside the config.xml there are 3 lines for both the Notices and the Events.
You may edit these to your taste, but just don't make them too big, or they will not fit in the box.

Another important line is the IP line.
This tells the launcher what the IP of your gameserver is.
When clicking Check Server Status, the launcher will ping port 7777 on the IP specified in the configfile. Port 7777 is the default port for AION Gameservers.

Then there is the line where you can edit the Launcher Title.
This has no effect on the functionality of the launcher of course, but it appears people find it sexy to see their server name on a launcher somehow...

Before you whack that reply button to tell me the launcher isn't that interesting...

Yes, I know I have a lot of C# coding to learn, but what better way to learn than to create an application for other people to use and listen to their feedback and tips?

-------------Support------------------

I will ONLY answer supportive questions in this thread, do NOT pm me with silly questions and bugs, I will just ignore them.

Have fun!

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
where s the pic of the launcher?

X_Sarah_X - [Launcher] Easy to use / edit v1.1 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

To be perfectly honest it looks as if you copy and pasted a bunch of images to get that UI.

I still think it is good that you managed to make the actual program, which is more than I can do, but if you make the UI a little more appealing it would be a 5* launcher :thumbup1:

Reaction score
My focus was on the coding to be honest.
I indeed give it a very simple design.
Currently I am trying to learn to give my apps a more custom design.
Perhaps in time I'll come up with a new launcher that's more interesting visually.

Thanks for your feedback

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Attachement: launcher_easy.rar = BLANK PAGE!

Does someone still have this launcher? plz :eek:tt1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back