Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Life After People

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Life After People is a 2 hour special (1hour30+minutes without commercials), which was aired on the History Channel, explaining just what would happen if or when, humans disappear from Earth, including how our greatest and strongest structures would collapse, and what would happen to our magnificent cities...up to over 10,000 years into the future.

It leaves you thinking, whether the existence of humans would even be known that many years in the future.

Got the idea of posting it after I saw ex's, http://forum.ragezone.com/f290/life-mars-373160/ thread, because this is what would eventually happen to us...no signs, or very MINIMAL signs that someone or something had built artificial buildings/monuments on this planet.

Here is the full length video:

I posted it here as opposed to the entertainment section...just because the video is thought provoking, and educational...and definitely open to discussion...

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
I read an article about this on the Finnish equivalent to Science magazine a while ago and it's truly interesting. Surely there will be signs left but they won't be in the form of scyscrapers or artwork but only the largest monuments can stand the test of time for more than a few years: the great wall of China is, I suppose, the thing that will remain the longest. Of course once an intelligent race from outerspace pays a visit and sees these large monuments they will take a closer look and find all the glory of our long-lost civilization with a little digging.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
One of the last standing structures mentioned in the movie were:
- The Hoover's Dam (Will also have electricity for the longest amount of time, after all electricity goes out world-wide)
- The Great Wall of China
- The Great Pyramids of Giza (although they apparently get buried by the sand)
- Mount Rushmoore

Reaction score
I'd have thought anything with stonework would degrade pretty fast without maintenance. I guess it depends on what type of rock is used but castles/cathedrals/churches in England are always getting repaired.

Tall/large structures will be destroyed by earthquakes/lightning strikes so I don't hold out much hope for them really.

I think the only things that will be left is the remains of big metal things. Like the Eiffel tower and CN tower, they should leave enough metal left over for someone to find. Though most of that will get buried pretty fast. =/

I think we need to build a midgard from FF7. That lasted a pretty long time :D Semi flat huge metal structures ftw.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Most concrete buildings fall apart due to the increase of gaps in between the materials, due to plantation, and all the metal structures get hit by corrosion big time.
Amazing how much maintenance structures need, even the biggest bridges collapse pretty quickly after not being taken care of...

Reaction score
There are many aspects of this video that seem too unreal or ficticious. They kind of accelerate the entire process to make it seem dramatic -_-.

But overall, It's a pretty good world once we're gone. Sweet. Let's blow poop up so we leave 'em nothing!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are many aspects of this video that seem too unreal or ficticious. They kind of accelerate the entire process to make it seem dramatic -_-.

But overall, It's a pretty good world once we're gone. Sweet. Let's blow poop up so we leave 'em nothing!

I wouldn't say unreal, more like...exaggerated. They show a lot of proof of what happened in Chernobyl...which matches their idea of what would happen. I find it rather believable, didn't really see anything unreal...except flying squirrel-like cats.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
But that's only what they would assume if it were to happen- then natural selection would come into play etc(wait I may have these ideas mixed up so correct me if I am wrong) and they would adapt to their new environment... which I think they explained in the video... so it doesn't seem THAT unreal.

But screw paper! Lets start stone carving up again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wouldn't say unreal, more like...exaggerated. They show a lot of proof of what happened in Chernobyl...which matches their idea of what would happen. I find it rather believable, didn't really see anything unreal...except flying squirrel-like cats.

I agree i found most of it belivable it's almost like what Happened in I am legend were the deer's were all running around new york and there was lion's grass on roads glass shattered from huge buildings

BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I find this truly intrigueing
But i agree with you on it being exaggerated
Im sure alot of that would happen but i never imagined it would happen so quick

And also how would the humans of just disapeared no bodies or anything left

I agree i found most of it belivable it's almost like what Happened in I am legend were the deer's were all running around new york and there was lion's grass on roads glass shattered from huge buildings

Thats exactly what i was thinking

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be honest going on the Basis of this video and the Basis off the film (apart from the 1 man alive in that city and the Monster's)
Most of this will take place i doubt it will be carm when we all get wipe'd out alot different thing's will have Happened, like I am Legend were all the car's are crashed and unlike the video posted here were it looks like when we died it was carm

BACON
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think however the humans are wiped out it will turn out differently to the video (Which i think the makers should of took into cosideration)

For example
If there was a big major disease that was easily spread and killed people there would be bodies which the animals would feed off (Remember theres over 6 billion bodies all over the globe to feed off) which would most likely cause the disease to mutate to affect animals too which could be easily spread due to the fact there is no humans to seal off the effected area so if it was a disease i think it would wipe out the whole (or atleast most) animal population too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think if it was a deise that could kill the human race the only thing's that would survive would be plant's,trees and Single Cell'd Organisums

Reaction score
ahh yes... exaggeration.. that's the word I was looking for. Thank you.

I think that this is ONE of the many cases of how life would be like after humans are gone. Humanity needs to get back to the dark ages if we want to survive. =/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It was fairly exaggerated...I admit that...but that's only because they can't predict EXACTLY what's going to go on. And by exaggeration I am saying..the amount of years it would take for those certain events to occur, but I don't doubt that they would occur.

As for how the humans disappeared...I don't think the movie is trying to portray that...It's just portraying how all of the things that we've made would not be able to go on without us (certain breeds of pets, certain scavengers, structures, etc)

But even if we all died off...of some disease...or nuclear bombs...or w/e...no matter what...the Earth would be able to repair itself over time.

Tyi-Rox..that's exactly what I thought of when I saw the grass growing through the concrete cracks in the roads.

Back