Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Lil Tut about Force Master Skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I thought it might be useful to some to show you how i fixed my latest problem.
The problem was that in my source, when a force master in the party (nomatter where they are) buffs his 3rd job skills, everyone get em, whereever they are.
I wanted this to change to the 'normal' idea that only when ur in range, u can get the buffs aswell.
Here is my fix for the problem (a proper fix).
IF you have this in your source located in _Common->Ctrl.cpp:
Code:
       if ( pSkillProp->dwItemJob == JOB_FORCEMASTER_HERO )
       {
 #ifdef __WORLDSERVER
        CParty *pParty = g_PartyMng.GetParty( ((CMover *)this)->m_idparty );
        if( pParty )
        {
         int i;
         CUser *pMember;
         for( i = 0; i < pParty->m_nSizeofMember; i++ )
         {
          pMember = g_UserMng.GetUserByPlayerID( pParty->m_aMember.m_uPlayerId );
          if( IsValidObj( pMember ) && !pMember->IsDie() ) // mirchang_100217 ¹üÀ§ °Ë»ç ¿À·ù ¼öÁ¤
          {
           pMember->ApplySkill( this, pSkillProp, pAddSkillProp, bIgnoreProb ); // ¸â¹ö °¢°¢¿¡°Ô È¿°ú Àû¿ë.
          }
         }
        }
 #else
        ;
 #endif
       }
Remove this.

Now go to your resource dir and look for propSkill.txt u will search for SI_FOR_SQU_FORCETENACITY.
If you look some further (in the 4 lines) you will see these: EXT_TROUPEWITH.
The only thing you have to do is change these for the force master skills into EXT_TROUPE.
This way we did make it work same like for example Heal Rain. If you're close to the caster, you will recieve the skills with him. If, not, you will not get em.
Hope people can do something with it. It helped me out anyway.
If you have questions or suggestions, post a reply.
If you like it, give it a like :)

Have a good day,
SilentNL

EDIT: I've looked over why GT does not allow to give the caster buffs aswell and why the forcemaster skills do. It's becuz it's infact not EXT_TROUPE wich deals with that but it's the difference between SRO_AROUND and SRO_REGION.
GT is being put on SRO_AROUND same like for example Merkaba, and means the skill only affect the surrounding. The forcemaster skills have been set at SRO_REGION, wich affects everything in it's radius, including the caster (samewise like Heal Rain).
This is why GT does not hit the caster, it's only what's surrounding him/her. And it's why the force master skills do work for the caster and the region around him.

Last edited:
Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Instead clean this usseles thread delete it.

Have you actually tried this to see if it works? You can't say it's useless if you haven't.

I haven't, but I do know that when it comes to programming, there are many ways you can do things to achieve the desired effect.

If this is able to make the ForceMaster buffs work right, then what's wrong with how it's done?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I know for sure that this stupid poop is not in my source at least.

Actually most of it is. Except the source code snippet (wich I did not design). The rest of it, yes it's in your source aswell. :)

I'm actually surprised your reacting so childish actually. I had a pretty high standard of you. Guess i was wrong there.

0xC0FFEE
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually most of it is. Except the source code snippet (wich I did not design). The rest of it, yes it's in your source aswell. :)

I'm actually surprised your reacting so childish actually. I had a pretty high standard of you. Guess i was wrong there.
How can this be in my source when I don't even have third jobs implementend?

Banana
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm closing this to avoid further arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back