• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Looking for the files for the virtual world vSide (esp. the Worlds/cities)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Description:
Hello, I'm looking for the files for vSide. I have the game files on my computer, including vLES (an spin-off), but I'm missing the worlds and possibly additional files (maybe clothing?).
The cities are called NewVenezia (NV), RaiJuku (RJ), and LaGenoaAires (LGA).

I'm also not sure if I have everything for vLES, but that is less of a priority.

The game came with the Gateway (tutorial island), but it downloaded the other cities after you logged in and chose a location to visit. I remember that the official forums had the .zips for manual download, but the thread wasn't archived on Wayback Machine.
The client connected to the Internet in several different ways - one of them was to show the profile pictures of online users.
The worlds were in .zip format, and could be found in the installation folder.

I'm wondering if anyone still has the game installed on their PC and could provide the files for me. I'm trying to see if there's a way to create a private server. If you are able to help out with that, too, that would be sweet!
I'm not very knowledgeable with programming, but I have friends who could assist in that, and I can always help with testing.
If anything, at least we could preserve and archive it.

vSide was a 3D virtual world that existed from 2006-2009 originally. It was never too popular, but they managed to partner with several famous brands. Even then, it ran at a loss and shut down in late 2009 if I recall correctly. Not long after, it was bought out by a company and revived, but they unfortunately abandoned the project. It survived in a state of limbo until the servers were taken offline around 2016-2018.
I got invited to the closed beta back in 2006, but only joined officially in 2008, and became active around 2010-12.
vSide was made using heavily modded Torque Game Engine 1.3.5 and Daz Studio 3D. The server backend used Java/Hibernate/mySQL.
It is also known as PCD Lounge, The Lounge, and The Music Lounge. I even have the pre-release alpha here.
The developers are Doppelganger (fka Evil Twin Studios), a company that is no longer operating. The virtual world was sold to ExitReality in 2009, but they are basically "dead". You can't even contact them anymore.
I am thinking of reaching out to some of the old devs. I am able to provide some more information if needed, although I'm not sure if that would help.

It was very fun and I miss it dearly. I even dreamed (literally) about its return several times. I have many good memories that I will cherish forever.

Thank you!

EDIT: I sent an e-mail to one of the developers - hopefully he responds with at least some info on how the server and engine worked. I also found other ex-staff members, including an UI designer.

Websites:

Screenshot(s)/Video(s):
cwwavyB - Looking for the files for the virtual world vSide (esp. the Worlds/cities) - RaGEZONE Forums
cQ4hkS3 - Looking for the files for the virtual world vSide (esp. the Worlds/cities) - RaGEZONE Forums
LvoN4hv - Looking for the files for the virtual world vSide (esp. the Worlds/cities) - RaGEZONE Forums
Odcswjw - Looking for the files for the virtual world vSide (esp. the Worlds/cities) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I remember vSide. I built/hosted the Deal or No Deal there. I stumbled across the video someone recorded on YouTube a few years ago.
Memories.

EDIT: I found it!

Last edited:
Back