Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

looking to buy or build a pc

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello everyone

I am in the market for a new pc,mother board or a good barebones. Problem is that I'm not sure what processor should I look for My dream pc would be alianware current set =)
but that be over 5k as a parent I can't bring my self to make such an investment just to play a few games and look up youtube.
Anyone that know what would work please responce ( oh, NO P4 they suck and run very hot) looking for at least 3.2ghz speed,3-4gb mem,512+video and I dont want to over clock it.

Thanks: Rishwin I had never notice this section here on ragezone.
please delete the other post as it was posted in the wrong section thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Would if i could mate but i'm only a mod of this section so cant move anything in the other sections.

First off, what is your price range? Then, check the PC Buying sticky that is up here and pick out a system in your price range. Post it here and since the prices and parts are slightly outdated there (6 months?) we can adjust them to your needs.

And no. P4's will definitely not be suggested, but you need to drop the "high clock speed = best" mentality. A 1.4ghz C2D will outperform an overclocked 3.8Ghz P4 with HT anyday. Now it is all about the cores, FSB, and the cache. clock speeds can easily be altered.

Back