Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Making a new zone8 map

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im using rMap and Photoshop to create a new zone8 map, not a work done yet as theres tons of floating stuff still but pretty happy on how it turns out. :):

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really cool to see some new stuff being doed, keep going

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
this just use photoshop also can change all map mouting and can create hole

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not really sure what you mean but yeah, you can export the map heightmap using rMap and then modified the heightmap using PS or any other image editing software out there, even MS Paint since heightmap is basically just a black and white image and the intensity of the black and white colour on the image determine the height of the map so it can be hard and need lots of trial and error to get just the right height. Theres also lots of software out there that you can use to sculpt your own terrain like World Machine or World Creator

Ive abandoned this project about 3 months ago after my pc broke, and have started a new one 2 weeks ago, i found a software called Zemnik thats make it way easier to make and edit a map. Ive tried using World Creator and World Machine as well but i find those software can get pretty complicated and the end result can be too detailed for an old game like RYL :lol:

yunche221 - Making a new zone8 map - RaGEZONE Forums

Not yet done obviously and havent tested it ingame as i yet to setup a server

Back