• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook pagefor updates, or we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.)

Making new Quests.. :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi... Me and my brother are making a new quests for our server... But we ran into a problem... The quest itself has been made.. Also the npc to hold the quest... But how do we link the quest and npc together?.. We tried looking for something in the database with sqlyog... But i cant seem to find anything... Also i was told that the .addspawn commands was able to link a quest to a npc... But it is not implemented...
Im using Revision 3642 + ScriptDev2 Revision 44 with the newest SDB Rev 5...

Hope someone is able to help me...

Phoenixdk

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do not know if I understood the question, but anyway goes a anwser.

You can link the quest o NPC modifying the table creature_questrelation.

This table have 2 fields. They are:

- id
- quest

id:
Creature's id, related to creature_template.entry

quest:
Quest's id to which this creature is related.
Related means, that this creature starts the quest, ie acts as the questgiver.

Example:
9218 - npc
1200 - quest
INSERT INTO creature_template VALUES(9218, 1200)

This will make the NPC (9218) acts as the questgiver.

Now, to finish a quest you need bind the NPC to "questreceiver" modifying the table creature_involvedrelation.

The table creature_involvedrelation have the same structure:

- id
- quest

Also add the same line, but in different table
INSERT INTO creature_involvedrelation VALUES(9218, 1200)

P.S: In this week i will upload my new tool called MQEditor - Mangos Quest Editor.

cya...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sectorx... Sweet answer dude... Im pretty sure it will help... Is it possible you might pm me when you upload your tool?.. Lokking forward to this release.. :D... I find quest editing qiute hard when having to edit the sql files.. :S... Anyways.. Thanx alot mate.. :D

Back