• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Making the transition from private to public

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

this is my first post so please go easy on me :p kidding

I have set up an ep 2 server using a lot of info from here - everything is running fine except for the usual problems (bugs, glitches, etc)

But nvm that. My question is about transferring the server from private to public. Here is what i have done so far:

Made a launcher with the external IP.
Forwarded ports 15100-15104 to my PC.

WHat happens:

I can see the server through this launcher anywhere on the net.
It does check for user and PW and lets me in on the correct combination.
Flysis splashscreen is appearing and dissapearing(turns black) and just right the split second before gear selection should come online i get:

Connection to the field server has been closed. Game will be terminated.

On Hamachi the server runs perfectly, so it should be a problem with the direct connection.

Btw: all firewalls are turned off.

On Preserver logs i noticed that the client tries to connect to random ports (65221, 45224, 1463, 37382, etc.) - wtf i cannot forward all ports to my local ip....no one else in my network would connect to internet if id do that......

PLEEEEEEEAAAAASEEEEE help!
Would be eternally grateful!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
check your omi.tex and the res-obj from your server and client.
and if you have only a pc than use the hamachi network.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
check your omi.tex and the res-obj from your server and client.

hey mKeey - thx for the reply

i'm guessing i need to start looking for what is/how to use/open omi.tex :)

I dont understand what res-obj has to do with anything....on hamachi the server runs perfectly so it has nothing to do with the server? (at least not this part)

I don't understand the last phrase

what do you mean by that....the title already says that i want to make the server public...not through hamachi.....

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmmm, all I can say is get both client and server stuff coincided with each other. Like both Res-Obj, Res-Tex and Res-Map's both match each other. I never had a port issue when I used a Ep2 server, I kept the ports that were already in there( 9979). Hmmm, see if you can post the log/logs about it and from there I can access it and help more.

Regards,
UltraSlayer

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
humm, try to check your global.cfg on ip use, you maybe just forget to place the right ip and for the blackscreen check your file like omi.tex,you maybe got something wrong between serv and client. And i remember you that if you try to log on with external ip in you r client and that the client is on local,that would never work even if you get the local ip on your start client.When you use external ip on the serv,you can't login in it in local

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
dame problemmm i try a lotof combination of ips... andwhat ip need put in sql server configuration manager?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
dame problemmm i try a lotof combination of ips... andwhat ip need put in sql server configuration manager?

If you mean in ODBC you must put the IP that u puted in global.cfg
And i am pretty sure you ment in ODBC.
And when you finish the ODBC Part, go to Start> (write)services.msc > restart the My SQL Server.

Best regards, dark:thumbup:

Upvote 0
Reaction score
First of all you don´t need to restart MS SQL Server (not My SQL Server) after you changed something at ODBC.
freebook, you might ment to make your server public with WAN ip? If so, go to and put this ip in your global.cfg and in SQL Server Confugartion Manager, then you have to forward the ports 15100-15104 to your computer (in your router configuration). After you did this you finally got a public server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all you don´t need to restart MS SQL Server (not My SQL Server) after you changed something at ODBC.
freebook, you might ment to make your server public with WAN ip? If so, go to and put this ip in your global.cfg and in SQL Server Confugartion Manager, then you have to forward the ports 15100-15104 to your computer (in your router configuration). After you did this you finally got a public server.

Oks thx for answer! in my router i put 9979 port only i will try wth ports u say. But i am a little confounded ,u know, i have dinamic ip and for that i using no-ip so for what i can understand i need put my no-ip instead of the ip showed in webpage.
in short what I have clear is:
Put my no-ip in SQl management studio

In Global.cfg:

$LOCAL_IP_ADDR = axm.sytes.net //is my no ip
$LOCAL_PUBLIC_IP_ADDR = axm.sytes.net //is my no ip
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP= $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$SERVER_GROUP_NAME= betha
$LANGUAGE_TYPE= 1

#########################################################
# Each Server's IP
####################################################
$PRE_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$IM_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$LOG_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$FIELD_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$NPC_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$VD_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$VC_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR

################################################################################
# Database Settings 1 - PreServer
################################################################################
$PRE_ODBC_DSN = //atum_pre_server_dsn
$PRE_ODBC_UID = 21474103 //Your XORed Username
$PRE_ODBC_PASSWD= 2352580204405E //Your XORed Password
$PRE_DB_SERVER_DATABASE_NAME= atum2_db_account
$PRE_DB_SERVER_IP= $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$PRE_DB_SERVER_PORT= 9979

# Database Settings 2 - ServerGroup(IMServer, FieldServer, LogServer, NPCServer)
$SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_DSN = //atum_group_server_dsn
$SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_UID = 21474103 //Your XORed Username
$SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_PASSWD = 2352580204405E //Your XORed Password
$SERVER_GROUP_DB_SERVER_DATABASE_NAME = atum2_db_1
$SERVER_GROUP_DB_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$SERVER_GROUP_DB_SERVER_PORT = 9979

# Database Settings 3 - Log DB Server(LogServer)
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_DSN= //atum_group_log_server_dsn
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_UID= 21474103 //Your XORed Username
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_ODBC_PASSWD= 2352580204405E //Your XORed Passwo
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_DB_SERVER_DATABASE_NAME= atum2_db_1
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_DB_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$LOG_SERVER_GROUP_DB_SERVER_PORT= 9979

# Database Settings 3 - External Authentication
$IS_EXTERNAL_AUTHENTICATION = FALSE
$EXT_AUTH_ODBC_DSN =
$EXT_AUTH_ODBC_UID =
$EXT_AUTH_ODBC_PASSWD =
$EXT_AUTH_DB_SERVER_DATABASE_NAME =
$EXT_AUTH_DB_SERVER_IP =
$EXT_AUTH_DB_SERVER_PORT =

###############################################################
# Database Settings 4 - Billing Database
###############################################################
$BILLING_DB_SERVER_ODBC_DSN= //atum_group_log_server_dsn
$BILLING_DB_SERVER_OBDC_UID= 21474103 //Your XORed Username
$BILLING_DB_SERVER_OBDC_PASSWD= 2352580204405E //Your XORed sword
$BILLING_DB_SERVER_DATABASE_NAME = atum2_db_1
$BILLING_DB_SERVER_IP = $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$BILLING_DB_SERVER_PORT = 9979

In Each Server's IP is ok wt no-ip pi or is better wt 127.0.0.1?
Same question for DNS`s ips.

other data:
My friend get this msg: "Conection to the field server has been closed.Game will be terminated."
No error in system log. My frien have same client and file as me was checked. All looks like ip config.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
$LOCAL_IP_ADDR = axm.sytes.net //is my no ip
$LOCAL_PUBLIC_IP_ADDR = axm.sytes.net //is my no ip
$ALLOWED_TOOL_IP= $LOCAL_IP_ADDR
$SERVER_GROUP_NAME= betha
$LANGUAGE_TYPE= 1

here you must put ur Hamachi IP if u want to work with IP or you 192.xx.xx.x ip...

and about that Error i got the same when i put it for external...i mean to not use anymore hamachi...

Upvote 0
Back