• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Manually stop maps in Ubuntu (PWServer 1.4.5)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

So I think I have resolved my iweb issues and I am on to a new one. I find it is pretty pointless to run a 1.4.5 server if you cannot stop individual maps. Seeing as how pwAdmin 1.4.5 has not been released and I can't seem to figure out how to update it properly I am at a loss.

I'd like to ask if anyone can help me with creating a script to stop maps manually. I know how to create .sh scripts but when I do try to kill individual maps it just auto-starts the map again.

In 1.3.6 all the way up to 1.4.4 we relied on pwAdmin, I know I did have a script back in the day but since then that HD has crashed and was not recoverable.

I've used the information given from the following sites:
- Stop Map Manual
- Stop Specific Map Crontab

Again as I sated when I run the commands from the Stop Map Manual thread linked above it just kills one process of the map and loads another. :blink: So at this point I can either start individual maps which works fine, and I can kill all maps and all aspects of the server, but trying to kill a map individually is just not working as intended.

I could use cron but I honestly am unfamiliar with it.

Example
Code:
./gs is12
ps a | grep is12
id = 1784
kill -9 1784
ps a | grep is12
id = 1785

Obviously "id = 1784" is not the proper output but you get the idea.

I did try and fix pwAdmin 1.4.4 to work with 1.4.5 but was unsuccessful, I'm sure I'm missing something basic but I just can't find it. It'd help if I knew .jsp but I really don't. Also I noticed pwAdmin calls for iweb_map.sh but iweb_map.sh does not exist in any of the releases I downloaded, so unless this is created on an as needed basis I can't find it in any release... and yes I did search. All of the posts I found were either "yeah I got it to work but I'm not releasing", or "I'll release it later" or some abstract answer that no one except that person who modified it and those who know how to modify it could understand... In short, dead-end posts or comments.

Could someone spare some time to provide any assistance please?

For the record I didn't state a specific release I am using because at this point I have about several different installs that I am working off of.

- 3x 1.4.5

Thanks.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll have to look again but last time I tried that it just sat there laughing at me. :eek:tt1: Well not really but you know, it says it started the maps but it really didn't. Thanks I'll have to dig around again and see what happened. You're positive this is with latest pwAdmin from ronny's tools on a 1.4.5 server? May I ask which release you're using to test this on please? If you don't want to answer on here you could PM me if you'd like.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
download from pwTools SVN-Downloader there you can get the jetty and the pwadmin works with all server of i am using

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks gost0, I did download that so I am installing a fresh copy of the server and retrying, will post results when I'm done. Until then I was curious what guide you followed to get your server up? Or did you make your own? I have followed 3 guides so far and have had a working server however 2 of the ones I followed had incorrect elements.data or had errors on start up that need to be fixed. I don't expect a flawless release and I am happy to fix them but I was wondering which guide you specifically used if any.

Upvote 0
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well... very simple to start and kill maps... Take those scripts as example and edit them to fit your needs.

startmap:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd /PWServer/gamed; ./gs01

killmap:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/bin/kill -9  `ps -ef | grep gs01 | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks gost0, I did download that so I am installing a fresh copy of the server and retrying, will post results when I'm done. Until then I was curious what guide you followed to get your server up? Or did you make your own? I have followed 3 guides so far and have had a working server however 2 of the ones I followed had incorrect elements.data or had errors on start up that need to be fixed. I don't expect a flawless release and I am happy to fix them but I was wondering which guide you specifically used if any.
my server files i buyed from my friend i am not using from here waiting from 343 release :wink:
or just install the jetty then start world map then try with pwadmin
1 - Manually stop maps in Ubuntu (PWServer 1.4.5) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Rom, I've been playing with your script when I have time. I'll post results when I get a chance.

Upvote 0
Back