Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Map-Server Trouble

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I know there is alot of Map-Server.exe threads and how to fix them, but none of them I've read tell how to deal with this. The whole operation goes smoothly. The servers go up fine.. everything loads. Then at the very end BAM. The Map-Server won't Connect to the Char-Server. What do i do?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Arixdala said:
I know there is alot of Map-Server.exe threads and how to fix them, but none of them I've read tell how to deal with this. The whole operation goes smoothly. The servers go up fine.. everything loads. Then at the very end BAM. The Map-Server won't Connect to the Char-Server. What do i do?

Check you IP in the CONF files :icon6:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think i did

Am I supposed to have my WAN IP Put there? Because that is there. Also I cant really find any guides that tell how to forward my ports. The eAthena Router guide didnt help me at all. It Just confused me more. I Have done alot of routing work for other games too. SO can anyone explain it? (Also the eAthena forums are down or I would recap there.)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have sdata.grf not found in folder i hawe not him, please help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
here's some guidelines for running map-server smoothly:

1. First, check and setup all the .conf files.
2. GRF files should always be directed properly.
3. Make sure that your computer can support the no. of players that connects to you.
4. And also, make sure all your NPC Scripts have no errors.

*NOTE*
Here's a quick guide on checking the NCP Scripts:
Open your command prompt (START>RUN> then type "cmd" then hit enter)
then goto athena folder and try running your map-server.exe from there. This is for you to see
the errors that leads your map-server to crash or to not function properly. you will see the errors on it and the lines to the script errors will be indicated there. try to locate your script and find what's wrong in it. resolve that script error then start checking again.

do it untill your map-server show no more errors and won't crash.

other problems that you may encounter are not included in this guide. for now this should work if your not dealing with database errors.

hope this helps.
:chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair: :chair:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Arixdala said:

Also, if you have insufficient RAM to run your own private server your servers may look like they wont connect to each other it's because your map-server is still loading all the files or initiating the connections.

You can adjust your mob_count from battle_athena.conf and reduce the mob respawn rates to something like 50%.

Last edited:
Back