• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

MAXimum customizations [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Because I wrote that I did not finished it yet? :)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Hi Vormav! Great work, just one thing , how do you open the converted files of the armors (i already tried biturn and aseimport, they function for everything except the converted armors :( ) ? I would like to know that because i want to do some new armors (quite obviously) , and would like to know if (in the future, perhaps =D) when i do the armors, if there's any specific thing i need to do in the model so your mod can work without any problem.. Huge thanks =D

Reaction score
Hi Vormav! Great work, just one thing , how do you open the converted files of the armors (i already tried biturn and aseimport, they function for everything except the converted armors :( ) ? I would like to know that because i want to do some new armors (quite obviously) , and would like to know if (in the future, perhaps =D) when i do the armors, if there's any specific thing i need to do in the model so your mod can work without any problem.. Huge thanks =D

There are loads of "*.smb" files in the tmABCD folder.
You gotta find the correct smb file and rename it with the same name as the smd eg; "item.smd" and "item.smb". Then you must run the smd converter.
The generated ASE will now import into 3ds max fine.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see that my thread fall into bottom of ocean when I was not looking :)

Here is update:
Customize Look - special armors, player select screen, first appearance

When players wearing special armors they look is locked and they can't change it unless they take of special armor.
Right now I'm saving players configurations in .dat files and getting it back when I go to player select screen or when I encounter player that is far away (similar system to what PT use). Very small change need to be done to server.
There is no problem with tint potions and tier heads.

I did some testing and can't break it :)

This is running on new files/source, you will not see difference in videos but now its much easier to add new perts.

I still need to do few things:
- add newest items
- add option to turn off mod (this might come later),
I'm not sure if I should allow other players who turned of mod to see others customized, what you guys think?
- change number of items, mod overwhelming me :)
I would have to do too many custom textures so for now I will group items (eg. dg101,102 = same mesh etc.)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Thats great =D

About turning on and off, i think it would be simpler if when the player turns it off , it turns off 'for good' (on him an other players..).

I was taking a shower and though of this crazy idea, since you know a lot of this code stuff and all you should know if its viable. I wonder if its possible to add (player level) commands like "happy"(and the character would change the face texture to the smiley, but without the bighead), "sad", etc.. and it would last like 5 seconds or so..(and without that sparkling glow of changing hairdos of course XD) :) Thanks for all the help too, and great work indeed =D (i am thinking of a gift for you and Sungam3d =D) would be probably the most relevant mod for priston i will ever see.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think we discussed the heads already. I'd love more "emotion" commands like "yahoo". XD

I also think that if the user disables this effect (goes back to chest armour view only) the reason they will do this, is probably to reduce memory / overhead. Their client should then ignore any more specific garment detail in packets from others.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have felling that we where talking about facial expressions before.
Can't find it, but we where talking about detecting strings like ":)" or ":/" in chat and changing face on char into that.

Personally I would go for permanent effect because it would be easier to do and some people would like to go into battle with face @_@.

Mod I'm doing is very close to heads and can be used to build this system.
So yes its very possible :)

@bobsobol
It would not change number of packets. Packet I am using is sent to server every sec anyway. It does not care if you are standing still or swapping your armor like crazy.

I build my mod way that you can for example see yourself normally (moded/unmoded) and everyone else in low res/details/poly/no texture.
So in the feature I can add some anti lag extensions (eg. everyone else look like minecraft characters or hopys :) ).

I thinking on options like:
- turn off mod for yourself but see others moded [a bit unfair, others will not see your parts]
- turn off mod for others but see yourself moded [others will see you moded]
- turn off mod for everyone.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well, I saw that u are going to sell it to sandurr. so, we wont have it?

I'm not going to sell it to Sandurr and I would not post it on RZ if I would do so :)

I kind of made some stupid deal with him long time ago but is no longer valid and I'm just being nice now.

The version of MOD he will have on his server is what I call CL:G (Customize Look:GROUPED) and it contain only original meshes. RZ will have CL:E (Customize Look:EXTENDED) and it will have my custom meshes I made (I made many but I think I will use only those that don't look like downgrade).

Like this:
Vormav - MAXimum customizations [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I guess this is might be my last post in this thread.

Code & models are finished, texture fixes are finished, excel item list/progress is finished.
I'm writing tutorial now and I nearly finished it :)

I still need to do logo and trailer, I'm not sure what music I should use that will "fit" PT, maybe some KR vocaloid... SeeU was her name lol.

Anyway 1-2, max 3 days more :)

I must say that I'm amazing
Vormav - MAXimum customizations [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

WTH @_@

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about something more "happy" and koreanish as tribute to this game, I think mr Manson is not very "lore" like ;)

like this:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Except that The Flowers (founded 1998, disbanded 2009) are a Chinese band. (Beijing IINM)
--- EDIT ---
I like this:-

But you may like to Google Miss A (미쓰에이), TRAX, HyunA(김현아) or, indeed, 4MINUET (포미닛).

All cheesy Korean pop music. Though TRAX seems to have a very wide repertoire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back