• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Maximum item index

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've noticed there are items up to id 1499 in the GP client's files, but if you try to create any item with an id over 1388, they are invisible wherever they are. These items include things such as a bracelet of sage +7, new pets, and other interesting stuff.

To fix this I need to know if it's a client or a server limitation, and I'll need some help.

Can anyone with a client other than the GP client check if he's able to create items with an ID over 1388, and if they're actually visible to him ingame?
Please post your result here, including which client you use.

Important: the item.scp file of the normal server files only goes up to 1388. Just create the item 1389 with some dummy stats and send it to yourself through the cash shop. (yes, I've tried this already myself, but no luck with the GP client :p )

I only have a couple of hours a day to work on the server files, and this is not the only problem I'm attempting to solve. Any help would thus be greatly appreciated, as I can't realistically download every version of every client, and mess around with it for a few hours :p

If anyone else has already solved this, I'd appreciate a share :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You know... I was thinking the exact same thing the day before yesterday. I'll try and look into it a bit more to see if I can figure anything out.

EDIT: After having a look at both the full GP client install, and my CABAL EU install, it seems that the GP client does NOT contain some of the .efx files referenced by items over 1388. I'll add info server-side, and try adding the item to my inventory, and see how it goes (I'm using a patched EU install to connect btw)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ok as far as my limited knowledge in cabal is ..

item index number goes up to 4096 + all current index...

u may ask where i got this bullsh!t...

take for example items index.. if u add everytime u add 1000(hex), 4096(int) to it.. it will go up a level/bind.

in theory there is room below 4096 to be item index number

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i propouse if we can stop calling "gp client" and start calling "client version 22".
:p

iam working on the same, if i get something new, i post it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Client 22 it will be, then :p

I found out that the item ID is actually limited to 0x7ff, or anything less than 2047. This limitation is in all serverfiles. If you have them disassembled, search for "MAX_ITEMDATANUM" and sniff around, you'll see...

I'm disassembling the GP client... 'scuse me, client v22 ^^, right now. Once that's done, I can start trying to load decrypted files directly, without fancy loaders (which I never got to work anyway -_-).

You know... I was thinking the exact same thing the day before yesterday. I'll try and look into it a bit more to see if I can figure anything out.

EDIT: After having a look at both the full GP client install, and my CABAL EU install, it seems that the GP client does NOT contain some of the .efx files referenced by items over 1388. I'll add info server-side, and try adding the item to my inventory, and see how it goes (I'm using a patched EU install to connect btw)
That would explain only half of the issue.

If you manually put, say, item 1450 in an empty inventory, in the very first slot, and try to accept a cash shop item, the server kicks you out.
Apparently, either the client or server does not know that first inventory spot is already occupied, and tries filling it with the new item, which obviously does not work.

Back