Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Megaupload file-sharing site shut down

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is unacceptable.. Shut down racist sites instead.

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. I call you a black punt, I'm the most evil man in the world. You call me a white punt, I'm a white punt.

I'm telling you, we are paying for the indiscretions of our ancestors. If those faggots hadn't been as racist, we wouldn't have to be so sensitive on the matter at this point.

Reaction score
Pretty sure that would be handled far more differently in the US. lol

Worst that would happen would probably be a sports player getting criticized by the media or something. It is weird that he is on trial for racist comments... :/

change my name already!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What I don't get is how the US gov't can charge a German guy living in New Zealand. Yes you can ask the gov't of his country to arrest him, but should you be able to bring charges against him in your own courts?

Unless he is not going to be extradited, which brings me back to the point of wtf is NZ going to do with a guy charged with crime in the US? Send him to jail in NZ for that?

Throw him in Guantanamo, that's our solution place for everything. Stole an American flag in France? Guantanamo your butt.

Reaction score
What I don't get is how the US gov't can charge a German guy living in New Zealand. Yes you can ask the gov't of his country to arrest him, but should you be able to bring charges against him in your own courts?

Unless he is not going to be extradited, which brings me back to the point of wtf is NZ going to do with a guy charged with crime in the US? Send him to jail in NZ for that?

Throw him in Guantanamo, that's our solution place for everything. Stole an American flag in France? Guantanamo your butt.

NZ are intimidated by the US and basically wish to remain on their good side.

duck You
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'm glad newt Gingrich dislikes these bills. Hahahahahahaaaa

It won't fit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
NZ are intimidated by the US and basically wish to remain on their good side.

Most with most other small countries. They do it because resources and power are at risk. Keep on the power's good side, and they'll keep supplying you with a hand or two. No one wants to lose that. They'd rather hand over joe blow for stealing that flag then losing a major import or support if a war breaks out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
MentaL - Megaupload file-sharing site shut down - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
pff..Kim Dotcom was no saint either..but the picture you posted speaks for itself.
it's a pity that megaupload is not going to function anymore, but I guess in a way they had it coming..I mean, racketeering is a serious charge.
BTjunkie willingly shut down also and many will follow unfortunately..

but I guess alternatives will show up..I've actually been hearing about this reputedly safe new technology that's coming out..it's supposed to be a legal solution for file sharing, I'm a little bit curious to know what's that all about, there weren't too many details either but I remember audials.com being indicated..any ideas what that might be?

Back