• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Meridian 59 Screenshot

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For noobs who don't search google.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Seraphim
Reaction score
lolz that is a game for windows? looks like an game older then my grandma!!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hhahahahhahha lolz it look like some gmae back in the 1900s

Master Summoner
Reaction score
looks very ugly, i cant imagine some1 will play this...
what a shame...>.<

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Seems like people do enjoy flaming games... First off it's the first graphical mud (multi user dungeon) and is basically the father of mmorpg gaming today. Gameplay wise it's still probably one of the best out there even though the graphics aren't up to par with anything.

I'd just like to note that, in my humble opinion, all the mir games, mu online, and most of the other games on here pale in comparison to this game.

Oh yeah, stop posting flames just to get your post counts up jerks. Play the game before you bash it.

---

P.S: Only hardcore old school players would actually know of this game, 'tis fine if the nubs miss out on it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Same here, it was such a fun playing Meridian59. I played it on german servers since 1997. No other MMORPG got me like M59 did. Not that huge, not so many people, but lot more fun! And it is not always all about graphics!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i should agree the Graphics are a bit weird , but games are worth , a timefull dveloping didn't done for some noobs to flame the Game . Maybe the Grahps will be improved in the furutre.

Reaction score
These grapics are way out dated, and the reason is because this game was introduced back in I think '95. I beta'ed it and if you don't believe me, I'm listed in the back pages of the original instruction booklet under the name "Tick". I kept the character "Tick" through the first 2 years of it's release, and if anyone remembers me, I played on server 109. The thing that keeps players coming back to this game is it's originality, although simple, it was a great game. The PvP in it is still quite fun.

The game itself does not play like anything out there right now, unless you are playing the near death studios version of meridian59: Evolution. Like before mentioned, it was the first MMORPG out, and back then the graphics ruled. The gameplay itself is still pretty good.

The game starts you out by letting choose what spells or skills you want. You can go pure fighter and only grab weapon skills such as block, dodge and slash, Or you could go mage. Magic in this game has some good points and bad points. You can't have all the magic spells in the game on one character it's related to what your stats are when you create your character. Back in the day it was possible to max out three schools of magic, I don't know what version this game and server are to tell you how many schools you can learn profficiently.

Magic schools break out into four major groups, it also may have 2 others but they were released after I quit playing. The ones I know of are:

Sha'Lile: The healer of all mages. It has spells that heal, cure, and dispell all enchantments on target. Based on positive karma.
Kraana: The weapon skill mage. It has spells that buff you or others, can mend weapons and armor that are about to break, and add resists to certain magics. No karma.
Faren: The nuking mage, and most often pker. They have distance attacks like fireball and lightning also area of affect spells like earthquake. They also have the ability to add light to the darkest of areas. No karma.
Qor: The dark side of mages, also another great pking class. They have spells that blind, hold and steal hp and items from others. Based on negative karma.

I think the other two schools are jala and something else. I know one school is illusions, and I think the other is a bard type but not sure.

The weapons are limited in the game ranging for the weakest of mace to the strongest of euridite sword and bow. There are some weapons that are made soley for pking such as the golden sword, and also class blessed weapons such as a sword that holds another with each hit, or even blinds.

God I could go on and on about this game lol. There are guilds you can make, and they can own a home for their family otherwise known as a guild hall. There can be political battles within the game, to try and take over another guild's hall.

Pretty much I liked this game when I used to play it. I don't know how or what it's like now days. But remembering all this stuff makes me want to play it again, and this is coming from someone that plays WoW and MU and lineage II. Oh well, maybe one day a private server will be up and running and I'll give it a go.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
God i love this game I played when 3do ran it on server 105 when atlas and his crew were the king of pkers been looking for this for a long time even played on the free severs when i found them this game was and is the Granddaddy of all MMO's

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
game was made in 95 actually later sold to 3do who then produced it to come out in 1996.
wich it came out 18 months befor uo did, and i still play on the nds server, as far as pvp and over all community and game play it ownz, yes the graphics are old, and yes they do have a new update with dynamic lighitin and smoothed out graphics, ive played most the mmorpgs outthere and it still ownz nuff said

peace

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RatBreath said:
These grapics are way out dated, and the reason is because this game was introduced back in I think '95. I beta'ed it and if you don't believe me, I'm listed in the back pages of the original instruction booklet under the name "Tick". I kept the character "Tick" through the first 2 years of it's release, and if anyone remembers me, I played on server 109. The thing that keeps players coming back to this game is it's originality, although simple, it was a great game. The PvP in it is still quite fun.

The game itself does not play like anything out there right now, unless you are playing the near death studios version of meridian59: Evolution. Like before mentioned, it was the first MMORPG out, and back then the graphics ruled. The gameplay itself is still pretty good.

The game starts you out by letting choose what spells or skills you want. You can go pure fighter and only grab weapon skills such as block, dodge and slash, Or you could go mage. Magic in this game has some good points and bad points. You can't have all the magic spells in the game on one character it's related to what your stats are when you create your character. Back in the day it was possible to max out three schools of magic, I don't know what version this game and server are to tell you how many schools you can learn profficiently.

Magic schools break out into four major groups, it also may have 2 others but they were released after I quit playing. The ones I know of are:

Sha'Lile: The healer of all mages. It has spells that heal, cure, and dispell all enchantments on target. Based on positive karma.
Kraana: The weapon skill mage. It has spells that buff you or others, can mend weapons and armor that are about to break, and add resists to certain magics. No karma.
Faren: The nuking mage, and most often pker. They have distance attacks like fireball and lightning also area of affect spells like earthquake. They also have the ability to add light to the darkest of areas. No karma.
Qor: The dark side of mages, also another great pking class. They have spells that blind, hold and steal hp and items from others. Based on negative karma.

I think the other two schools are jala and something else. I know one school is illusions, and I think the other is a bard type but not sure.

The weapons are limited in the game ranging for the weakest of mace to the strongest of euridite sword and bow. There are some weapons that are made soley for pking such as the golden sword, and also class blessed weapons such as a sword that holds another with each hit, or even blinds.

God I could go on and on about this game lol. There are guilds you can make, and they can own a home for their family otherwise known as a guild hall. There can be political battles within the game, to try and take over another guild's hall.

Pretty much I liked this game when I used to play it. I don't know how or what it's like now days. But remembering all this stuff makes me want to play it again, and this is coming from someone that plays WoW and MU and lineage II. Oh well, maybe one day a private server will be up and running and I'll give it a go.

By the story I read it looks very good.
RUNESCAPE is a god dam webbrowser mmorpg! and it has near 15million players or more? It's not about graphics lamers! (the word lamer is actually to those who only play MU because of the pretty "SWORD SLASH" skills)

Definately worth a try! :smilie3:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the graphics engine is based off doom's, that pic is also withe "large graphics area" mode enabled, and iv played the game for years and I can say that it looks like ****, but in smaller graphics mode, it dosnt like AS bad, but still not as good, but game play makes up for it soooooo much, u wont even care if it had graphics lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
real true game...
From 109b Owner (=
o--ANKH--o loves ya'

p.s. greets to anyone who know me... (=

K

Kycer

Meridian Forevah!

well i agree in Meridian 59's Graphics is not the best now but it was considered one of the best MMORPG between 1991 and 1993 i think ... I can never forget Meridian 59 in my entire life as I played it when i was 10 years old up to the age of 15 .... I played in server 101 and was part of the PK guild Outcasts(the guild that owned 101...seriously destroyed the server!) ... Meridian has one very Attracting thing that is EVERYONE is soo close to each other in the server... we respect each other even though we are enemies. We played with passion and when you ask for help people will go out of their way to aid a totall stranger... UNLIKE most MMORPG's now ... I played almost all MMO's since MEridian and all of them dont have the Comunity of meridian 59 .. It's based on GREAT players... I remembered one news in the global post that showed a player suicided in the REAL WORLD and in his dying letter he wrote fondly of people in meridian 59. I remembered my friend marrying his wife in REAL LIFE after meeting her in Meridian .... Meridian in an AMAZING game a game that will always be remembered by all the players that ever played. Personally i am still playing Meridian 59 by neardeathstudio's. for those who comment on meridian i would like to say " We were gaming online when you were still playing with your barbies and your supernitendoz!"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The gameplay is by far the game's greatest asset.. I miss the old graphics. If anyone knows how to change the rene graphics to vale lemme know.

Back