• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

mmo development

tl1

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi
Can anybody point me to server source from which i can further learn mmo development/concepts, i want something that i can setup and tweak, i would prefer C++ and VS2010 also it would help if the code is a bit documented and well structured.
thanks

Reaction score
Take a look around the forums, there have been a bunch of MMOs that have had their source code leaked, if you really want something that is easy to set up and has a really active development section, go take a look at GunZ or FlyFF they would probably be your best bet. Otherwise, just browse the different sections, i know RAN Online had its code released here, and there are other games too (IRIS, Gate to Heavens, and more)

Reactions: tl1
Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Take a look around the forums, there have been a bunch of MMOs that have had their source code leaked, if you really want something that is easy to set up and has a really active development section, go take a look at GunZ or FlyFF they would probably be your best bet. Otherwise, just browse the different sections, i know RAN Online had its code released here, and there are other games too (IRIS, Gate to Heavens, and more)

IRIS probably is better since less pservers and all of the tools have source code leaked(gamebryo2.6).

Back