• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Moderator Application - Habbo Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I noticed that Jamie has been demodded from the Habbo section so I would love to put up my hand for a spot in that section. I did have another Application for the Habbo ads section which was left for weeks without a response so I assumed it wasn't declined though it was locked not long after that, but I was left without an answer so i'm not sure what went on.

About me
I'm an 18 year old php scripter and webmaster, learning more and more every day. I run a large Habbo retro so I know my way around setting things up, helping out and generally anything Habbo related. Being able to read and code php is quite helpful and I always help if someone asks me on msn or PM.

What made me join RZ
I joined RaGEZONE to learn how to make a Habbo server, as did most of my friends in the section. I think i'm one of the oldest habbo section members left, actually, which is sad.

Why I think I should be a Mod in the Habbo section
Well, to start; i've been in the section since I joined in 2007, before then I was just a lurker when I was a younger kid. I've released various things that a lot of people have used, to list a couple:

- http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/rel-badge-shop-ubercms-rcms-743149/ - a badge shop for Habbo servers
- http://forum.ragezone.com/f353/zcms-php-oop-phoenix-secure-781429/ - an edited CMS that I downloaded in early 2010 that has been widely edited and built upon since then by many people

I've played Habbo since I was a kid and now that i'm 18 I think that I could (as stated in my previous app) take a step up and take the position and role of Moderator in the section.

I know my way around vBulletin, i've ran many active vBulletin communities in the past and am very comfortable with all aspects of it.

I'd also like to say I do work well in a team, I have very good leadership skills and I think that I could use them well here at RZ.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Perfect candidate, they would be crazy not to accept you ;)

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
If they don't accept you, im going to post. uMadBro.
You'd make a good member of the Moderation team, because you have a lot of experience, and you'd moderate the right criteria etc..

swagggggg
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You'd make an awesome Moderator Jonteh.

----

I vouch for this guy, he's a great member and is always willing to help out in the Habbo Hotel Section. :thumbup1:

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why was your application denied before? I'm just curious.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
All that text and only 2 lines dedicated to anything remotely related to being on the moderation team?

ex visor
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If it was locked without reason it means your applicaiton was denied, just letting you know, as I was curious.

Anyhow, you'll have to wait and see what MentaL/Exy says.
Now that Sean has boosted his activity, I see no further reason a mod should be added, but again, that's not my decision. Lately the activity hasn't been as high as it normally has (weird).

The fact that you've contributed to the section is good or whatever, yes, but I think there's an issue lying further with why your app was denied the first time.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If it was locked without reason it means your applicaiton was denied, just letting you know, as I was curious.

Anyhow, you'll have to wait and see what MentaL/Exy says.
Now that Sean has boosted his activity, I see no further reason a mod should be added, but again, that's not my decision. Lately the activity hasn't been as high as it normally has (weird).

The fact that you've contributed to the section is good or whatever, yes, but I think there's an issue lying further with why your app was denied the first time.

I believe it was denied because the section did not need moderators, but as one has left there is a space free.

Reaction score
All that text and only 2 lines dedicated to anything remotely related to being on the moderation team?

Everything under the title Why I think I should be a Mod in the Habbo section applies to that subject, and I only included 2 releases because I didn't think anyone reading would want to click more than that, I was just thinking of the end-readers time usage.

I appreciate any other comments that have been posted :)

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
He's released plenty of stuff, just those 2 were good ones...

I'm not talking about releases, I'm talking about crudentials actually related to moderating. Like the ability to handle tough situations with angry users, diffusing situations, knowing how to make the right decisions etc etc. Releases count for very little. It's all very good he's contributed to the section but that just means he's an effective contributor.

Reaction score
I'm not talking about releases, I'm talking about crudentials actually related to moderating. Like the ability to handle tough situations with angry users, diffusing situations, knowing how to make the right decisions etc etc. Releases count for very little. It's all very good he's contributed to the section but that just means he's an effective contributor.

Well, I did include that I ran a large Habbo community, without such skills one would not be able to keep it running as long as I have. (1 and a half years.)

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
That's nice that you ran a community but did you actually do a good job of it is what matters. Do you know how to deal with an abusive user? Do you know what's quality and what should be deleted straight away? Are you reliant, what examples have you got of working within a team, you're not telling us anything important. And even at that who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back