Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Moderator application - Journey to the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well... the original thread didn't look "great" either. Have a good chat with Mental, Dell. After all, he did most of the cleaning :laugh:

As for the application... that's the beauty of it :huh:
I'm not desperate for the job of wielding a ban-hammer; my main motivation is helping the community.
If I can only make an awesome resume, but do an awful job; I wouldn't apply in the first case!

Err considering what I've seen from your "contributions" you've just been flaming with another member. Also some of the others are just rants/trolls/explanations etc. Sure those are contributions but they aren't exactly the type that are useful. You've also "contributed" to one/two threads so far...

It's like me posting a thread about the FlyFF section dying. I could call it a contribution but it's not that useful is it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I wonder why did my application got closed?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I wonder why did my application got closed?

MentaL said:
Thread thats closed w/ no reply from me --- not accepted

This is Crypticus' thread btw. Next time send a message to MentaL about it.

By the way we are asking you to edit your application because it's missing pretty much everything everyone else has.

Name

etc is all needed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is Crypticus' thread btw. Next time send a message to MentaL about it.

This one gets one reply per 5 minutes. That's why. (btw, i knew i didn't stand a chance..)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Err considering what I've seen from your "contributions" you've just been flaming with another member.?
Correcting him and appending tips/information/releases at the same time.

Also some of the others are just rants/trolls/explanations etc.
Yes, but as you said, some. More like rants, to be honest.

Sure those are contributions but they aren't exactly the type that are useful.
To the majority of users who prefer using the simple binaries.

You've also "contributed" to one/two threads so far...
Including the Luna Plus source code which was recently moved, which seemed to die after I stopped contributing to it.

It's like me posting a thread about the FlyFF section dying. I could call it a contribution but it's not that useful is it?
That's quite a poor example of what I'd use to equate with a "contribution".

Something more like "prevent others from dropping into commonly unknown pitfalls" or "spending a few hours staring at weird symbols" would be better.
Is this a practical test or something? :huh: I prefer to retain anonymity wherever possible, because I'm scared shitless of social engineering.
None of my passwords involve a birthday or location, just fyi, so it's safe to say it.

Like I said, if it's not acceptable, you can close this. I'm only applying because others would be disappointed if I didn't.
And because... nah. Any more reasons, and the next thing you know, we'll be talking about why the sky is blue, and stuff like that.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's quite a poor example of what I'd use to equate with a "contribution".

Something more like "prevent others from dropping into commonly unknown pitfalls" or "spending a few hours staring at weird symbols" would be better.
Is this a practical test or something? :huh: I prefer to retain anonymity wherever possible, because I'm scared shitless of social engineering.
None of my passwords involve a birthday or location, just fyi, so it's safe to say it.

Like I said, if it's not acceptable, you can close this. I'm only applying because others would be disappointed if I didn't.
And because... nah. Any more reasons, and the next thing you know, we'll be talking about why the sky is blue, and stuff like that.

http://forum.ragezone.com/f727/game-seems-interesting-771783/index22.html#post6566823

Pretty much the same thing yet you consider it a contribution.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
From the same post;

myself said:
Apparently what others say still isn't getting through to you.
Nobody will stop you from posting unnecessary content. But on the other hand...
Nobody will stop others from making constructive comments about it. Freedom goes both ways, you know.
I think this is pretty self-explanatory, it makes the standpoint for future posts pretty clear, and is also a contribution to society.

myself said:
That's why most competent programmers have underground communities.
Because most RageZoners have no idea why programmers are vanishing besides the increase in script kiddies and trolls.
They do deserve the real reason why so few remain besides pushedx and some others.

#but Dell, isn't your main point about unacceptable application format?
#also like I said, I don't mind either way, but it's the community's loss.

#and @Jamie, thanks for the support, appreciate it.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
From the same post;

I think this is pretty self-explanatory, it makes the standpoint for future posts pretty clear, and is also a contribution to society.

Because most RageZoners have no idea why programmers are vanishing besides the increase in script kiddies and trolls.
They do deserve the real reason why so few remain besides pushedx and some others.

#but Dell, isn't your main point about unacceptable application format?
#also like I said, I don't mind either way, but it's the community's loss.

#and @Jamie, thanks for the support, appreciate it.

MentaL said:
actually contribute to the section you are applying for.

Err why are you labeling society contributions as section contributions? and no.

Dell said:
Seeing some weird feedback in this thread. Not really looking to "great"

Also the whole "Hire me if you want it doesn't matter" attitude is so displeasing. If you make an application you should want to be a moderator.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Dell said:
actually contribute to the section you are applying for.
Dell, you can always conduct a referendum to survey those in the section whether they feel I have contributed.

Contribution to society = eventual contribution to thread by virtue of re-educating flamers and trolls.

Also, the real point was #2, not #1. #1 just happened to be some delicious, fattening icing on the cake.

And... did you just notice? We're almost at 30 posts now!

#also, isradev = naty48, infraction banned by MentaL, but still re-registered.
Why don't we start all over again, and review forum policy about that?

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Dell, you can always conduct a referendum to survey those in the section whether they feel I have contributed.

Contribution to society = eventual contribution to thread by virtue of re-educating flamers and trolls.

Also, the real point was #2, not #1. #1 just happened to be some delicious, fattening icing on the cake.

And... did you just notice? We're almost at 30 posts now!

No I can't because obviously people are going to say yes if they like you. It would be better to survey people who don't know you and that would give a proper answer.

There are many people who have been infraction banned and re-register. Does MentaL do anything about it? Nope. If they come back and cause trouble they get banned again.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
But then... people that don't know me, are simply not of the section. It's a self-contradicting statement, Dell.

If you'd like to say no, it would be much more polite to just close this. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
I think his contributions are things that matter in the long run, he could put in a fixed file im sure, but who will learn from it? they will just use it and move on to the next, tho with explanations you learn to fix it yourself and will know how to do it in the future.

Also there was this 1 person in that thread that made "feel like wanna share" really hard, now that person got banned but it came back on a new account so that didn't help, also that person made it hard to ask any questions cause you'll end up being called a "moron", "idiot" and whatnot. Crypticus said everyone was free to pm him if they didn't feel comfortable doing it in that thread so a few people did and recieved his help, contibution right there.

We are Maverick!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
But then... people that don't know me, are simply not of the section. It's a self-contradicting statement, Dell.

If you'd like to say no, it would be much more polite to just close this. Thank you very much.

Err not just the people in your section can tell what a contribution is you know.

I can't close threads here either so. If you want it closed ask MentaL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back