Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mu Box - Put whatever you want, inside the box. (CMS Backbone)

Interested?

• Total voters
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So, I've seen some of the attempts of creating several CMS's here in the development section for quite some time now and I think it's a shame they never get completely done and released, so much time wasted.

Therefore, I am thinking about developing a extremely easy to use, basic, core application. Since I havn't been in the Mu Online-scene for I don't know how many years, it would only have the very basic functionality you would see in a simplistic CMS, but it will be extremely easy to add functionality on top off that core.

You as a web developer will be able to add plugins, and by that, I mean real plugins. Not at all as hard as in these other attempts of CMS's. I'm talking about a plugin having it's own controller, using custom models just for its cause and much more, even using custom views. With this being the case, it would also be very easy to add functionality from other existing mu "cms" packages or what not, as long as you are familiar with some easy mvc design patterns. To demonstrate, I can show you what a skeleton plugin could look like, code wise. .

You will also be able to add extra functionality to the admin area, and this in the exact same way as with normal "plugins" for the front end.

However, since I am not familiar with the database structure any longer for Mu Online, I can't do this alone. In other words, this application would never be successfull or used without the help of the other developers in this community containing that knowledge. So what do you think, would you like to have a great application to extend and build upon? If so, i'd be glad to build it for you, but that's it.

If it will be some interest in this, I will keep this project on GitHub so you can follow the progress and examine the code and what not.

To break down this basic functionality it will come with from scratch, here's what I'm thinking of.
- pages
- plugins
- templates
- access levels
- core API (dynamic routing, URI's and all other handy core functions that can be good to have. All accessible throughout the whole system, of course.)

As you can see, it will be really really simplistic in its default form. There are no limits however in the way you can extend it, both in the back and front end. So this is where you as a fellow developer comes in place. I will give you the "backbone", a solid ground to stand on and extend, in any way you like.

The same comes for "themers". Creating a theme will also be extremely easy. But most important of all, I will provide documentation for everything, and yes, it will be "noob" friendly.

So what do you all think? Interested or not?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
There's MU Core for that.

True true. This wouldn't be some kind of Mu Core replica. From what I know, MuCore is pretty much dead, its development is non-existent and pretty much cracked open from top to toe. I wouldn't consider using it if I had a serious server, but hey, that's just me. As I mentioned earlier though; havn't been in the Mu-scene for a long time so I might be wrong (about MuCore).

Though an extra CMS for MuOnline won't be refused :)
Agree! Free alternatives which is updated is always good. I also think this will be very much more easier to extend upon as well.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
in case it would develop under laravel framework I would love to help,I tried making something of my own but due to lack of spare time I couldn't finish it and decided to drop it for now.

anyway,good luck with your project!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
in case it would develop under laravel framework I would love to help,I tried making something of my own but due to lack of spare time I couldn't finish it and decided to drop it for now.

anyway,good luck with your project!

I don't think I'll go with any "pre-baked" framework. I want it to be as minimalistic as possible and to only serve just this purpose. I'll use my own mvc framework. However, it will be very similar to both Laravel & CI, containing helpers and what not. Almost identical controller, view & model usage structure. Would you still be interested in joining? Would be nice to have someone familiar with the updated MuOnline database revisions.

Thank you for the kind wishes.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't think I'll go with any "pre-baked" framework. I want it to be as minimalistic as possible and to only serve just this purpose. I'll use my own mvc framework. However, it will be very similar to both Laravel & CI, containing helpers and what not. Almost identical controller, view & model usage structure. Would you still be interested in joining? Would be nice to have someone familiar with the updated MuOnline database revisions.

Thank you for the kind wishes.
I think its kind of a waste not using a framework,it reduce the development time alot as you dont need to worry about mvc,language files,templating system and many more as its already built in.
also it has a nice caching witch would produce a better performence.

I might still be interesting of helping anyway,did you create a new project already on github so developers could help out ?
also if your interested I have part of ripped mu korea template,I didnt copy the images to local host but I did made few css changes to make it work on more css 3 based then images

Back