Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NDStore.dat error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, can you help me? This error occurred when I tried to open NDStore.dat. Is there something wrong with my strs file or what?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
.strs file is a user created template file. It is down to you to write a template that matches the file you are opening.. If you are sourcing .strs files from elsewhere contact the creator of it or read the code and write a template that matches your file.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
.strs file is a user created template file. It is down to you to write a template that matches the file you are opening.. If you are sourcing .strs files from elsewhere contact the creator of it or read the code and write a template that matches your file.
Can you share the NDStore.dat file with me? Or if possible, the files from both the client and server that you have?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you share the NDStore.dat file with me? Or if possible, the files from both the client and server that you have?
I don't use .strs files, have no need. Use the parsing tool for editing game files and any file that I do require reading/writing to I build into the c++ application

been many .strs files shared here - quick search should find them

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't use .strs files, have no need. Use the parsing tool for editing game files and any file that I do require reading/writing to I build into the c++ application

been many .strs files shared here - quick search should find them
Okay, no problem. Actually, many of the strs files have become inactive or their links have disappeared because the posts are too old. Well, it's okay, thank you for responding to my question

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay, no problem. Actually, many of the strs files have become inactive or their links have disappeared because the posts are too old. Well, it's okay, thank you for responding to my question

NDStore in general is a rather simple file. If you take a look at it with a hex editor you'll notice repeating groups of data - names that take up 32 bytes of memory, large chunks of text with the character count before it.

So you should end up with something close to

C++:
int count;

struct storeInfo // repeat for count
{
    int index;
    char npcType[32];
    char npcName[32];
    int descriptionLen;
    char description[descriptionLen];
}

Upvote 0