Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need some help understanding

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm having some trouble understanding the editing of config.pk files. I have seen the tutorials and have been scouring the forums in hopes of finding a better explanation but all I could find was a tutorial explaining how to change the passwords copying it to folders after making it a swordcrypt file and then putting it in a 'encrypted' folder. I understand all that.

The problem right now is that I don't understand how copying/creating a swordcrypt file to my server folder would make the server edit or update anything, because the server right now is running without ANY .pk files???

So in short, how does a server use the .pk files to change the settings in game?

Thanks in advance,

Edit: grammar

Edit 2: Figured it out, for anyone wondering in the future or searching google (pk files stay with the client to be configs packed, the config .txt files in server folder is the one responsible for the rest. If both of them match it works for the client. Some things don't have to be updated in the config.pk and some require multiple changes client side.)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Contact Me , i Will Help You .

Daxtra - Need some help understanding - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Back