Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need some help with specs..

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What kind of computer specs would be able to handle over 100 users online? :blink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I made my own equation using Trinity Core.
CPU it barely uses it.
Ram is 12 mb for the realm server, and 24 mb with no users in the world server.
the world server process can increase 1-4mb per user.
so it would become a max of around 400mb with users, could be more due to instances etc.
My max upload speed is 120kbs.
with 4 users online and already uploading on azureus with an upload speed of 110 kbs, the remaining 3 ( me being localhost ) do it with 10kbs, with no lagg at all ( weird ?? ) although i do have compression on 9.

So you would be able to run a 100 player server with a 250 kbs upload, 1ghz cpu single core ( won't run smooth with 100 players though but will do the job ) and just 1gb of ram for server+ sql + OS.

Hoped this helped you enough.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I made my own equation using Trinity Core.
CPU it barely uses it.
Ram is 12 mb for the realm server, and 24 mb with no users in the world server.
the world server process can increase 1-4mb per user.
so it would become a max of around 400mb with users, could be more due to instances etc.
My max upload speed is 120kbs.
with 4 users online and already uploading on azureus with an upload speed of 110 kbs, the remaining 3 ( me being localhost ) do it with 10kbs, with no lagg at all ( weird ?? ) although i do have compression on 9.

So you would be able to run a 100 player server with a 250 kbs upload, 1ghz cpu single core ( won't run smooth with 100 players though but will do the job ) and just 1gb of ram for server+ sql + OS.

Hoped this helped you enough.
what are you goin on about? what does this have to do with your pc specs? you know ram,cpu,graphics card? all of theese play a factor of your servers performance

Master Summoner
Reaction score
what are you goin on about? what does this have to do with your pc specs? you know ram,cpu,graphics card? all of theese play a factor of your servers performance
well thats the thing he is talking about. also Graphics card does not make your server to run smoothier, it only makes your games smoother.

Anyway i recommend dualcore / single core proccesor 2Ghz at least, more than 1GB ram and gogo :) WoW servers unlike some others (MuOnline for example) doesnt eat memory/CPU like hell...

Back