• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

new pc?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
well i'm getting a new pc and was thinking about these specs

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Processor
2 XFX GeForce 8800 Ultra XXX 768MB
4GB PC14400 DDR3
750GB barracuda 7200 HDD
Samsung 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - 6ms, 1000:1, WUXGA 1920x1200, 16:10 Aspect Ratio

is that good? i would still have $2500 left after all that

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm nice, three times better than mine ^^ (which is 2 years old), Vista???

Master Summoner
Reaction score
looks awesome

You should get 2 500gig hdds and set em to raid0. You wont see that much more performance in gaming, but initial loading times for the OS and applications will be much faster.
Youll have 1 tb, and itll be cheaper than a 750 gig hdd.

Totally up to you though. You have a 2x greater chance of losing your data(should backup anyways), but you have a noticeable speed increase :)

Also as a side note: If you wanna save a couple hundred bucks, just go with the q6600.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
don't need to save a cpl hundred i still have $2500 left over from all that anyways. and how bout 2 750 in raid0? and is there a better cpu then that?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
QX6850 would be better :p

Well if your gonna spend all that money you might as well wait until the next amd/intel linups come out.

Yeah you could use 2 750gig hdds.

Reaction score
8800U = pointless especially 2

Just wait. The K10s are almost out and the G92 also.

Pointless getting high end stuff just before better are about to come out.

NoPeace - out

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
good point but how much are the newer ones gonna cost?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just wait. The K10s are almost out and the G92 also.

Pointless getting high end stuff just before better are about to come out.

I've learnt from doing that is you get stuck in a constant loop of "oh look, new stuff out but better stuff is coming soon so ill wait more" then the same thing happens repeatedly. However I do agree this time of waiting for the G92, no use paying

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
K10 FTW :p
Been doing a waiting game like mazo said but I'll hell bent on getting that and just saying screw it to the rest.

Check the news section too.. There was a new Intel coming out I think it was (might be amd this was a bit ago so I cant remember >.< ) and it looked pretty good.

Back