• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

No sound problem!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So yesterday I was playing some youtube videos, and now my laptop wont play any sound at all. It thought that I had headphones plugged in, and was spiking like there was sound playing. I disabled this thinking that it would fix the issue, but now it doesnt detect sound is playing at all.
This has happened before, but I cant remember how to fix it, and really, Error directed me how to fix it last time anyway :p

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've had an issue with my AMD sound drivers losing it's profile occasionally...

I fix it by Right clicking the speaker on the toolbar, then clicking Playback devices. Right click one of the other options like Headphones or speakers, just something thats not already the Default device and set it as the default....then set the original back to default and mine is usually fixed...

Reaction score
Control Panel -> Sound -> Do this,

ChewBecca - No sound problem! - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You know what is wierd Ron, I did all that yesterday, Didnt work, Posted this thread and went to bed. Turned laptop on today, and suddenly it works! God I hate technology sometimes -.-

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a driver malfunction...a reboot usually fixes.

Back