Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

NoCheckVersion Client

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I wanted to share with you the file I made, I have been using it for a long time. I am sharing the file with you because I think it may be useful for you. There is nothing to explain, it does it for you and starts the game without you having to do nocheckversion. Just throw it into the game.

Link:
VirusTotal:

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
What kind of person would ever use an unknown exe from an unknown guy, that does exactly the same thing as a SHORTCUT??? 107kb of potentially malicious stuff without source code, from a person that once uploaded the most vulnerable website ever known to mankind, seems like a really smart idea XD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What kind of person would ever use an unknown exe from an unknown guy, that does exactly the same thing as a SHORTCUT??? 107kb of potentially malicious stuff without source code, from a person that once uploaded the most vulnerable website ever known to mankind, seems like a really smart idea XD
You don't have to use it, and there are antivirus scan results there. It doesn't seem to be harmful. And if you already had programming knowledge, you wouldn't make this comment. He is not a client. A tiny exe that triggers the client.

I don't know if there is a security vulnerability in the script I shared, I think what you are talking about is the webscript I shared before.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Let's assume you just don't know much about computers and really believe you are helping people with this. If for some reason somebody would prefer downloading an unknown file from the internet rather then create a shortcut then i present to you a super secret 25 byte file that does exactly the same, the only difference is u can actually check exactly what it does with simple notepad. Or you can create it yourself following this free tutorial:

1. Create a new text document in the game directory
2. Open it and paste the following code inside
Code:
client.exe NoCheckVersion
3. Save the file and rename it to "client.bat"
4. Congratulations! Now you can start your client with NoCheckVersion without a shortcut

On the other hand, if you are an aspiring developer, and lets say you're using manual patches for some reason, you can make your client start without launcher, just as if it was using NoCheckVersion by default:

1. Find this block in Client project> MainProc > GameMain.cpp around line 899 or just search for "CheckHttpVersion("Update.ini")"
C++:
else if (CheckHttpVersion("Update.ini") == false)
{
    delete g_pGameMain;
    return 0;
}
2. Comment it out like this
C++:
/*else if (CheckHttpVersion("Update.ini") == false)
{
    delete g_pGameMain;
    return 0;
}*/
3. Rebuild

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Let's assume you just don't know much about computers and really believe you are helping people with this. If for some reason somebody would prefer downloading an unknown file from the internet rather then create a shortcut then i present to you a super secret 25 byte file that does exactly the same, the only difference is u can actually check exactly what it does with simple notepad. Or you can create it yourself following this free tutorial:

1. Create a new text document in the game directory
2. Open it and paste the following code inside
Code:
client.exe NoCheckVersion
3. Save the file and rename it to "client.bat"
4. Congratulations! Now you can start your client with NoCheckVersion without a shortcut

On the other hand, if you are an aspiring developer, and lets say you're using manual patches for some reason, you can make your client start without launcher, just as if it was using NoCheckVersion by default:

1. Find this block in Client project> MainProc > GameMain.cpp around line 899 or just search for "CheckHttpVersion("Update.ini")"
C++:
else if (CheckHttpVersion("Update.ini") == false)
{
    delete g_pGameMain;
    return 0;
}
2. Comment it out like this
C++:
/*else if (CheckHttpVersion("Update.ini") == false)
{
    delete g_pGameMain;
    return 0;
}*/
3. Rebuild
Okay, the exe I shared works exactly for this, not everyone may know these things like you and may need something simple like this, that's why I shared it, I have no bad intentions. I am not a malicious person. It was made as a bat, then converted to bat exe, that's all.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Anyone who is able to set this server up also could just follow the 5th Video of Mupu (Development Patch Server Setup), then you also dont need the nocheckversion variable.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone who is able to set this server up also could just follow the 5th Video of Mupu (Development Patch Server Setup), then you also dont need the nocheckversion variable.
Yes, it's true, I guess I couldn't express myself. There are friends here who play just to test some classes or for fun and have no knowledge. I shared it thinking it might be good for them. Can I delete it if it bothers me too much?

Back