• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Parts

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
are there any good cheap parts for computer like ram, processor, and video card? my budget is only 400 bucks XD its kinda low but i just need it to build my brothers computer..

A hard working geek :-)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm here, one moment..
You need to elt us know what you can supply yourself

I can get you a whoel build for around that possibly.. but if you c an supply a case and/or anythign else, itll really save you in the long run :)

Loyal Member
Reaction score
(DP for a reason.. dont shoot me now!) ;)

Asus A8V-E SE - $80

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (2.4GHz) - $64

DOWNGRADE:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (1.8GHz) - $56 (Includes CPU Cooler)

Asus Chilly Vent Lux - CPU Cooler - $26

DOWNGRADE:
Wont Need with the downgraded CPU.

OCZ 1GB (2x512) PC3200/400 - $90

DOWNGRADE:
Kingston 1Gb Value Memory PC3200/400 - $53

XFX GeForce 8500GT - $100

Vantec 350W Power Supply - $43

Coolmax Black Tower (Mid) - $25

Western Digital 160gb SATA II/7200RPM - $54

Samsung DVD/RW Sata Drive - $39

DOWNGRADE:
Sony Internal 16x IDE DVD-ROM - $25

Total:
$521

Downgraded:
$436

What you get:
A full system thats future proof for the next 4 or 5 years, high quality parts for the things you need.. a case is included as well, woudl outperform a store built rig for the same price by a large degree, and a nice amount of storage (160gb)

Optional:
You could tone down the RAM to some value select and save a few bucks, possibly tone down the hard drive to an 80GB version.. or even a 40GB version if you wanted, save some more bucks there... But to be honest, its a waste of money, an 80gb (half) will only knock off like 10 dollars if that..

Yes, you coudl get it down to your $400 dollar range.. but from a professional aspect you may want to consider saving the extra hundred for slightly more that will save you lots more in the long run.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
DUAL CORE BUILD (minimal cost)
AMD
main board
( bout $100+)
CPU
MAX CPU
$249.99
DOWNGRADE
$79.99
RAM

Video card
100$

Loyal Member
Reaction score
DUAL CORE BUILD (minimal cost)
AMD
main board
( bout $100+)
CPU
MAX CPU
$249.99
DOWNGRADE
$79.99
RAM

Video card
100$

he needs an entire computer, not just a couple pieces here and there ;)

My 500ish/sub 500 is a total computer package, case, power, chip, cpu, motherboard, gpu.. all of it ;)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
he needs an entire computer, not just a couple pieces here and there ;)

My 500ish/sub 500 is a total computer package, case, power, chip, cpu, motherboard, gpu.. all of it ;)

im assuming he hass HDD and cases and drives etc..
he may have some laying around when i buil mine i used a IDE HDD til i got a SATA

Back