Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PC] Killing Floor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Godcrusher said:
http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/killing_floor.jpg

Killing Floor (2009 video game)
Killing Floor is a cooperative survival horror first-person shooter video game developed and published by Tripwire Interactive. It was released on May 14, 2009, for Microsoft Windows.

Gameplay

The gameplay consists of a single game type, single- or multi-player, in which the player fights through waves of zombie-like monsters (or more precisely, specimens from a failed military experiment), with each wave becoming successively more difficult, moving through each area of the level, until it concludes with a battle with a super-specimen, called the Patriarch.

Levels are completely non-linear and open-ended. There are no restrictions on where players can travel—that is, players can choose where to run and fight. Up to six players can team up in an online cooperative battle with the specimens. The game sessions are fully-configurable, so players can change the difficulty, number of enemy waves, or specify which creatures compose the waves. As the player progress through waves, the tougher-grade specimens are more commonly encountered. A Software Development Kit (SDK) and level editor are included to aid in the creation of modifications and levels.

A feature called "ZEDtime" allows the player to see particularly gory kills, such as headshots, in slow-motion, even in multiplayer mode. It can also give the players an advantage for a brief time to carefully aim their shots.

Tactical gameplay elements exist, such as the ability to weld doors shut to direct the flow of the enemy hordes, and the gameplay encourages teamwork by giving less of an energy penalty when players heal each other, instead of themselves.

There is a "Perks" system, which gives the player certain strengths and/or abilities. Players have seven to choose from. These can be leveled up as they are used, improving their effectiveness. For example, the Commando perk gives the player a discount on automatic weapons, improved effectiveness with automatic weapons, faster reloading with all weapons, and grants detection of cloaked specimens in a radius around him.

Downloadable Content
Tripwire Interactive has to date released two major content packs free of charge. 'Heavy Metal' and 'Level Up', adding new weaponry, levels, and other content. Also available are two character packs, Outbreak and Nightfall, which add four new player avatars each.

Killing Floor was the top selling game on Steam shortly after it was released (as of May 19th, 2009).[11]

Reception
EuroGamer commented that "though not perfect", it was "clever and relatively cheap"[8]. GameSpot commented that the game graphics compared poorly with contemporary shooters, and that the voice acting was bad, but considered that the sound effects were very good, and that despite its flaws, "you can't help but enjoy it."[9] Some reviewers also considered that the lack of any real plot or aim for the players other than killing specimens, the small number of existing maps, and the repetitiveness of the gameplay reduced its replay value.

~Wikipedia

System Requirements
-------Recommended:
-------o OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
-------o Processor: 2.4 GHZ or Equivalent
-------o Memory: 1 GB RAM
-------o Graphics: 128 MB DX9 Compliant with PS 2.0 support
-------o Hard Drive: 2 GB free hard drive space
-------o Sound: Eax Compatible

(Perks) Classes:
Commando = Leader
Medic = Healer
Firebug = Flame User
Demolition = Bomber
Sharpshooter = Ranged Power
Berserker = Melee
Support = Support :S

Species:
Some Speedy Bug
Fat Guy with Poison
Normal White Zombie
Bladed Red Zombie
Chainsaw Zombie
Flamethrowing Zombie
Invisible Britney Spears
Siren/Screamer
Fleshie (Semi Boss)
Patriarch (Final Boss with machine gun and rockets :S)

Screenshot/Video:

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/04/64/46489_KillingFloor-05_normal.jpg

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/964/964778/killing-floor-20090320110712745-000.jpg

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/main/943168936d1241323764-info-killing-floor-46490_killingfloor-06_normal.jpg

http://www.canardpc.com/img/news/34406/killingfloor_48035_9443.jpg

Personal Feedback:
This is the second time me and my friends got back to the game, the game is pretty cool and offer modding capabilities and custom maps, even the mutator which allows you to choose your waves. Although it may become repetitive since all you do is kill, survive, buy, win with not many types zombies to fight from me and my friend have yet to beat the armada's of zombies on normal mode. :S Maybe we just suck too much. More player = more enemies as well. I currently enjoy the game though, it's like a bootleg L4D but with some differences in many ways. It's cheap through steam as well. Though I'm not asking you to buy it.

Now with all the info and such over, if you're interested hit me up on PM or add me on MSN which I normally use for communication. Godcrusher@hotmail.com, you must tell me what's your email here otherwise I'll block you, if I don't exactly know you don't bother. Just trying to find more people to play with, note that the game is mic compatible and me and my friends might not be the nicest people. :( Welcome anyone of any level, if you can't get or buy the game still add me I might have alternatives, like buying it for you. :rolleyes:

Currently playing with friends through the Garena servers.

Reaction score
Re: Killing Floor

interestingly killing floor was out (as a free mod) before L4D was ever released so you could say L4D took a lot of killing floors good ideas and made it "more commercial". I love the rough feel to killing floor and it just plays so well!
Im always up for a game Ill help you guys get through the different levels ifu like my steam is exclamatio^ and msn silentfrag [ at ] hotmail . com

Back