Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Pc shuttingdown auto? :O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello.. u maybe wonder how i can write this bcuz my computer is shuttingdown auto...

I'm running safe mode with networking.. Ok.. So this is my problem

If i start my PC and goto the desktop.. Than i need to goto the taskmanger and quit all unkown tasks... Because someone of them is the problem of my computer shuttingdown..

Please is this a virus how can i take it away PLEASE HELP ME :( I have work and stuffs in my computer

//Matt

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you think it's a virus, then... run an antivirus?

Use malwarebytes in safe mode.

Also if you have time type "shutdown -a" into the command prompt to stop it from shutting down.

Ok thanks but.. its like i push on the button and it closes direct!

Please help :(

Reaction score
After opening the computer just open CMD and write shutdown -a.
The "-a" stans for abortion, meaning that it will abort any shutdown process that's being started.
(Usually viruses that do this have 'counters')
Also, this is strange, check your Startup folder (Search > Startup) and see if there's something..
If there isn't, I'd suggest getting an antivirus and scan it.. If that still doesn't do it, reinstall the OS.
That's my suggestion.
Good luck.

//Edit, damn..Sorry, didn't see Rish also told you that.

Reaction score
OK, from what i gather his PC is stuck in a rebooting loop before/after POST, it's not booting into windows and then initiating shutdown sequence.

Could be a HDD issue, RAM issue, or corrupted OS issue. If a virus scan doesn't fix it then it's one of the 3 and you should try running HDD scans & mem tests to see what it could be. My best guess would be HDD if not then corrupted OS, and last option being RAM if it still does this after a full format.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
get a free anti virus in safemode with networking and run a boot time scan, if that doesnt work(i.e. it doesnt find the virus) back up everything you want/need then do a re-install of the OS(what ever your running)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really? No links to help?

Anyway... In Safe Mode with Networking you should do all of this. However you can do what was suggested above... "Start->Run->CMD->"shutdown -a" - Which should stop any restarting/shutting down, called by the system. And then do the following... (I suggest doing all of this in safe mode...)

Suggestions:
- Download
- - Scan with a quick scan. Then if it doesn't find anything, or even if it does find something... Remove anything it finds... Then do a full scan. Do this multiple times till it cannot find anything wrong. (Also make sure you update the database/software.)
- Download
- - Do a boot-time scan. Delete anything it finds.

If Avast finds a rootkit... Your best bet is to reformat and start all over...

If that doesn't work... I suggest a reformat.

Back