• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[PHP] Help with code to database please!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd like some help with making a code on a webpage to access a database. The code i have so far doesen't seem to work because it gives me an error and never creates the account. The code i'm using

Config:

<?php

//MSSQL Host IP
$db_host = 'localhost';

//MSSQL Username
$db_user = 'sa';

//MSSQL Password
$db_pass = '';

//MSSQL Database
$db_name = 'redmoon';

$conn = mssql_connect($db_host,$db_user,$db_pass);
mssql_select_db($db_name,$conn);
?>

Addacount.php

<?php

include("config.php");

if (isset($_POST['AddAccount'])) {
if ($_POST['Username'] > "" && $_POST['Password'] > "") {
$validchars = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789";
$valid = true;

for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($_POST['username']); $i++) {
if (strpos($validchars,strtolower(substr($_POST['username'],$i,1))) === false){
$valid = false;

for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($_POST['Password']); $i++) {
if (strpos($validchars,strtolower(substr($_POST['Password'],$i,1))) === false){
$valid = false;

if ($valid == true) {
$query = "SELECT BillID FROM tblBillID WHERE BillID = '".$_POST['Username']."'";
$result = mssql_query($query,$conn);
if (mssql_num_rows($result) > 0) {
echo "<b>Account name in use.</b>";
** else {
$accquery = "INSERT INTO tblBillID (BillID,Password) VALUES('".$_POST['Username']."','".$_POST['Password']."')";
$accresult = mssql_query($accquery,$conn);
echo "<b>Account Added</b>";

** else {
echo "<b>You didn't fill out all the required fields.</b>";
** else {
echo "dont try to hack me biatch!";
echo "<br><br>";

?>
<table border="0">

<tr>
<td class="mytext">
<u>Add an Account</u><br>
<form action="addaccount.php" method="post">
<table border="0">
<tr>
<td>Username</td>

<td><input type="text" name="Username" height="5" maxlength="12" style="width: 100px;"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Password</td>
<td><input type="text" name="Password" height="5" maxlength="10" style="width: 100px;"></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td></td>

<td><input type="submit" value="Add" name="AddAccount"></td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>
</td>
</tr>
</table

Does anyone see anything wrong with this? Thanks for your time...

~Shoki

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
last line, </table
missing ">" or wrong copied
just test it, so you know if it works or not
if theres an error, you'll see the line and post it here
for me, i would crypt the password for the database

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No such luck, I just copied it to the site wrong. When i load the actual page this appears at the top of the page

"" && $_POST['Password'] > "") { $validchars = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789"; $valid = true; for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($_POST['username']); $i++) { if (strpos($validchars,strtolower(substr($_POST['username'],$i,1))) === false){ $valid = false; ** ** for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($_POST['Password']); $i++) { if (strpos($validchars,strtolower(substr($_POST['Password'],$i,1))) === false){ $valid = false; ** ** if ($valid == true) { $query = "SELECT BillID FROM tblBillID WHERE BillID = '".$_POST['Username']."'"; $result = mssql_query($query,$conn); if (mssql_num_rows($result) > 0) { echo "Account name in use."; ** else { $accquery = "INSERT INTO tblBillID (BillID,Password) VALUES('".$_POST['Username']."','".$_POST['Password']."')"; $accresult = mssql_query($accquery,$conn); echo "Account Added"; ** ** else { echo "You didn't fill out all the required fields."; ** ** else { echo "dont try to hack me biatch!"; ** echo "

"; ** ?>

and when i enter an ID or Password nothing happens, the same page just reloads.

Maybe you can try for yourself?

I know almost nothing about PHP but I did read a setup guide about how to setup apache and php and I followed it to the dot. What do you mean crypt the password to the database?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
account added, no problems o_O
immo pw: test ^^

to crypt it:
MD5('".$_POST['Password']."'); or something

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I added an account and it just said nothing :s

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I was able to get this to work [Yay] but if anyone can help me with the rest of the PHP for the site [erm!!] i'd be greatful.. maybe even willing to pay? :eh: hit me up at RedmoonSupport on AIM or GMShoki@Hotmail.com on msn !!

daydream.shoki@gmail.com is my email address :p

I need to code the website to be able to change passwords, change contact info, make a ranking page and that's about it :p Thanks!!

Glenn

Back