Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[PHP] New Night Script with Installation

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Cold Gear Games is my new game company and we made a game called New Night. Of course, I designed the logo and programmed but I would also like to thank Killad and Deva for helping (staff at CGC) The game is text based although you can add flash and update it yourselves.

[Password is : gryzzex]

[down because of some unreasonable suspension - will be back up soon]

Screenshots : *The CMD prompt one is the actual game host, not the scripts*

REMOVED
REMOVED
REMOVED
[SUP]Credits:
[/SUP]Killad - Lead Programmer
[SUP]illuminati - Lead Developer
[/SUP][SUP]Deva - Programmer
Gryzzex - Designer and Programmer [/SUP]

Click the like button on this post if you got what you wanted. GIVE MEH THANKS!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in D:\wamp\www\NewNight\lib.php on line 55

I have this error.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in D:\wamp\www\NewNight\lib.php on line 55

I have this error.

What dB are you using? MySQL? It only works with it and have you installed the files correctly?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What dB are you using? MySQL? It only works with it and have you installed the files correctly?

Yes i will use mysql and installed correctly :/ I use wamp server with windows 8

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes i will use mysql and installed correctly :/ I use wamp server with windows 8

1 . Open up your browser and type in :

(or just click the link here^^^)

2 . Create a new account - verify your account then log into your account.

3 . Create a new website, then name it after your game.

4 . Open your FTP manager and it should open up something that says 'netftp'.

5 . Upload your files to that directory, and then change the MYSQL settings.

6 . Run the installation again.

7 . Delete install.php using 'netftp'

8 . You now have the game. Open your new website url.

I think the error is something to do with your Wamp server, so try the instructions which will take you 10 minutes and tell me if the game is working.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want try on my localhost first.. I think its not problem on web server. I will try later thx. Mybe error with wamp server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I want try on my localhost first.. I think its not problem on web server. I will try later thx. Mybe error with wamp server

It works on 000Webhost - I tried it. But they banned my account so I can't show you any demo of the game.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Your PHP version is too new. The mysql_* functions are officially gone. But this script still uses these functions. Downgrade PHP or just use usbwebserver.net for testing.

Also:

this is not an error, just a warning. You could also ignore it.

OK i ignore but i have this error for now..

New Night Installation: Page Two

Error creating Babble Box table.Error creating Control table.Error populating Control table.Error creating Drops table.Error populating Drops table.Error creating Forum table.Error creating Items table.Error populating Items table.Error creating Levels table.Error populating Levels table.Error creating Monsters table.Error populating Monsters table.Error creating News table.Error populating News table.Error creating Spells table.Error populating Spells table.Error creating Towns table.Error populating Towns table.Error creating Users table.
Database setup complete in 0.0333 seconds.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OK i ignore but i have this error for now..

New Night Installation: Page Two

Error creating Babble Box table.Error creating Control table.Error populating Control table.Error creating Drops table.Error populating Drops table.Error creating Forum table.Error creating Items table.Error populating Items table.Error creating Levels table.Error populating Levels table.Error creating Monsters table.Error populating Monsters table.Error creating News table.Error populating News table.Error creating Spells table.Error populating Spells table.Error creating Towns table.Error populating Towns table.Error creating Users table.
Database setup complete in 0.0333 seconds.

That means that some how the installation failed when it tried to import the database files. Go onto your database and see if there are any tables or data. If there is then continue with the installation, and ignore the error,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That means that some how the installation failed when it tried to import the database files. Go onto your database and see if there are any tables or data. If there is then continue with the installation, and ignore the error,

open it here,

free hosting, you can change mySQL version.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why does this look like a copy of DRAGON SCOURGE/whatever the newer one was called
Everything is almost the same but you changed the logo

// Dragon Scourge
//
// Program authors: Jamin Blount
// Copyright (C) 2007 by renderse7en
// Script Version 1.0 Beta 5 Build 19

// You may not distribute this program in any manner, modified or
// otherwise, without the express, written consent from
// renderse7en.
//
// You may make modifications, but only for your own use and
// within the confines of the Dragon Scourge License Agreement
// (see our website for that).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why does this look like a copy of DRAGON SCOURGE/whatever the newer one was called
Everything is almost the same but you changed the logo

// Dragon Scourge
//
// Program authors: Jamin Blount
// Copyright (C) 2007 by renderse7en
// Script Version 1.0 Beta 5 Build 19

// You may not distribute this program in any manner, modified or
// otherwise, without the express, written consent from
// renderse7en.
//
// You may make modifications, but only for your own use and
// within the confines of the Dragon Scourge License Agreement
// (see our website for that).

It's a modded version of Dragon Knight, a continued update. I contacted the distributors and the creators of Dragon Knight (renderse7en) allow you to publish continued updates on their website. They allowed me to continue their project using their source code. I never said that I fully made the script.

It's a modded version of Dragon Knight, a continued update. I contacted the distributors and the creators of Dragon Knight (renderse7en) allow you to publish continued updates on their website. They allowed me to continue their project using their source code. I never said that I fully made the script.

Forgot to say - I added a HECK LOAD of things to it, so you can't say it's the same when everything was changed besides the appearance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just change in install.php all the TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM

Back