• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[php] source protection/obfuscation

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it is really possible to encode the php source to be inpossible to see what was written down there.

I had tested some encoders such as Zend Encoder, IonCube's encoder, then CodeLock obfucator, but found that if you want good encoder you need plugins/extensions running on your host server and obfuscation is really too weak protection. It helps only to protect the code from noobs...

I had found on the Net one nice encoder. I wonder if anyone is able to crack the code and post what I had encoded down there...

Good luck ;)

php attached

Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So you want the code encrypted when you release it to the general public? because if it's just on the server, they wont be able to see the php since it's server-side. You can also use conduced if statments and such to make it harder to read, but I'll check it out.

[N]asser` ~ Out

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well, the protection is needed to protect the intelectual property. Since the server where I am hosting my files is not very safe and I am aware that admin can and will take scripts that he likes. so I need something to stop him ;).

So did anyone decrypt this small code that I have posted? Am looking forward to that. If no - that means this protection method is quite safe.. But don't believe this, because I had decrypted some other scripts, protected with various obfuscation methods..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it's not something anyone can do but it is possible
takes a lot of time though, but it is still *possible*

i wouldnt know where to start myself :)

Ex-Mod
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lexx, if you just want hosting you can tell me, I can host you, I will stay out of your poop if you stay out of mine :X

Its just to host your templates and stuff, right? as my server can handle a small to small-medium sized site..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
VISTA is the magic word...

But yes, that took me slightly longer than initually expected due to some pretty smart alternating decoding algorithmes.. I could probably write a program to auto-decode it though, but ofcourse that would take quite some time to write as well as more knowladge then your hoster might have..

Do note that this will slow down your scripts a lot :)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
well, finally. if really, I have lost my hope in protecting php source. Still, I am using this algorythm on my host, but if you want to protect something, use Zend Encoder... But it is really hard my host to persuade install it..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol.. True john, try for instance to read the phpBB source.. Bloody freaks :D

Back